New Deicide Track

Glen in recent years will never top this album (he being vocalist on it). 2:20 mark this become one hell of an EPIC track. this sh*t is still amazing and has not been topped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Glen had nothing to do with the writing of that CD and was actually ORIGINALLY supposed to be a guest singer on it! But yeah, that CD is arguably the most influential death metal album of the last decade. There were no shreddy neo classical dm bands before "Dechristianize."

Also, that's a REAL dm production.

Actually the production is by far the best thing about the new Deicide record. It sounds clean and big with clean cut solos but the songs literally go in one ear and out the other. I like those old repetitive style choruses but the new album is just boring after 2 plays. The riffing is also far too average and hardly has any real groove or headbangability, it just seems to whirl by in a dose of high speed. It needs to be more catchy and have a touch more melody like some Deicide songs of old. As for Vital Remains, the solos are totally out of this world but the songs are far far too long for my taste. I need my death metal to be more to the point in the main.

Well Glen had nothing to do with the writing of that CD and was actually ORIGINALLY supposed to be a guest singer on it! But yeah, that CD is arguably the most influential death metal album of the last decade. There were no shreddy neo classical dm bands before "Dechristianize."

Also, that's a REAL dm production.

i know he didn't write any of the album was just commenting on he should have taken a lesson from VR while being in the group. ;)

This doesn’t sound too bad… but I agree, it sounds a bit over-produced. I won’t fault it on that alone, as long as the songs are well written. I’ll have to pick this up and see how it fairs.

I actually prefer the self-titled album above all the rest. Possibly since it’s a thrash/death metal hybrid album, and has sentimental value to me. For it’s time, it had a solid production, but I’m sure it pales in comparison by today’s standards. Everything after self-titled album up to Once Upon the Cross were decent, but the guitar sounds were terrible, and the songs didn’t seem to drive as well, and ran together with lack of hook (by death metal standards).
I kind of lost interest in them after that, but picked up the first album they did with Ralph on guitar, and was very impressed! The songs were a bit more direct and solid, and the production, especially on the guitars, were much better!

However, and this is just a minor complaint and personal preference - Steve seems to be hung up on the “more speed = more brutal” drumming school of thought, and it actually takes away from the songs rather than adds any color or dynamics. Alternating different blast-beats for 45+ minutes of music is an incredible feat for a human, (if it is indeed Steve playing the drums) but that’s all it is. It gets boring rather quickly, and I think this is where the problem may be in the modern Deicide albums. A break down into half-time or moving away from the woodpecker-snare hits for a song or two would make a HUGE difference in the dynamics and flow of the songs or the album as a whole.

Again, just my opinion and a personal preference.

I actually prefer the self-titled album above all the rest. Possibly since it’s a thrash/death metal hybrid album, and has sentimental value to me. For it’s time, it had a solid production, but I’m sure it pales in comparison by today’s standards.

The self-titled is fucking awesome man. No need to make excuses for liking a superb album. A lot of people like Legion better, but to me they will never top the self-titled.