New DELAIN single available for streaming

no shred? :(

edit: This one is a bad rip but its got some shred in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ready to preorder. Not all female fronted bands do it for me, but Delain really hits the spot. To me, Charlotte's voice is very natural and unforced. One of my favorite pictures from Prog Power is getting my picture with Charlotte. I look like a school boy with a big time crush.:loco:

Since when is Delain known for shred though? They're known for exactly what the song is... Very melodic, almost pop-ish melodies and hooks...

but..... but can't it be very melodic, almost pop-ish melodies and hooks with shredding? hmmmm

I like it though, I want to hear more.

I like both of them. I think Amaranthe gets my pick over Delain though simply because it's a bit more diverse. I like the Soilwork vibe that their music and harsh vocals add. The choruses are so god damn catchy, it's not even funny!!

I have a feeling Amaranthe will be one of the most energetic sets this year. I am really hoping the crowd isn't lame and jumps the fuck up during Hunger.

It's not meant as a dig at the ProgPower crowd in particular. I have seen a few videos of them playing that song and the whole crowd jumps up and down during the intro and it looks awesome. Yes, I know we had that happen quite a few times in Atlanta (Norra El Norra, anyone?), but there's nothing more disappointing than a really awesome, energetic song being played to a less-than-stellar crowd response (which is not the case at ProgPower usually). Still, I'm hoping for a really cool band-crowd interaction moment (such as Orphaned Land that first year).