New Dimmu Borgir album in October.

I'll listen to this album out of curiosity, and perhaps may like it. Something tells me it will be better than the previous.

It will be more Dimmu bOrgir. Classic chugging with orchestra going to decorate the chugging. Im sure we'll all enjoy it, especially now that they're reborn. I wonder when Mustis will come out with his band of vengeance. Would be cool to see all thee ex-members of Dimmu make a killer band that kills Dimmu.

I checked out that link, and whoever that band is, they sound rather bland.

Regarding Dimmu:

The song "Gateways" is o-k but I think the female vocalist is actually the best part of the song. After In Sorte Diaboli, I think just about any change is welcome and refreshing. This is why I'm not too upset with Vortex and Mustis gone.

I'll certainly listen to the album but I'm not holding my breath. This is coming from someone who loves several of their albums. I've really just seen the trend they started with PEM which I still regard as a very good disc. I don't think its going to be very good but I hope I'm wrong. I didn't think the last album was as awful as people say it was but honestly it was not a very compelling listen.

It will be more Dimmu bOrgir. Classic chugging with orchestra going to decorate the chugging. Im sure we'll all enjoy it, especially now that they're reborn. I wonder when Mustis will come out with his band of vengeance. Would be cool to see all thee ex-members of Dimmu make a killer band that kills Dimmu.

According to Mustis he never was paid. Not that music is soley about money, but I would think being the person is the main focus and element of the bands music he would get credit and be able to make money. Dimmu Borgir obviously make money.

I used to think it was Vortex pitch shifted up, but now I'm not so sure.

That's very cool, but honestly, what would be the logic behind Dimmu to do this?

That doesn't really make sense especially when you consider that Vortex & Mustis had threatened to take (or maybe took) legal action against Dimmu over stuff on previous albums.

And if I recall correctly, the split happened quite a while ago so I doubt Dimmu was even in the recording stages of the new album, probably just in the process of writing. So any input from Vortex would've just been a rough demo recorded - it just wouldn't make sense to use this.

And if you're Agnete, would you want your voice to be associated with someone else's edited voice?

Last edited by a moderator:
The band claimed in a recent interview that the clean vocals wasn't Vortex in high pitch, it's that chick.