New Dimmu Borgir album in October.

yea I just did. Quite histrionic, I have to say. See the problem I have 2 minutes in, is that for all the experimentation and creativity, they're sacrificing the riffs. The riffs are pretty plain sounding. That being said, the song is actually pretty dynamic for a DB song. I don't think it's all that bad. Maybe the album will be good. Who knows.

Dimmu Borgir is Silenoz and Shagrath. Galder is nothing. Galder is stupid for wasting all of his time in Dimmu Borgir, and putting Old Man's Child on the shelf. He could of launched that band, and could of started a brutal campaign to compete with them. But no, he wants to be on the #1 pop charts with the Dimmu Borgir formula.

yea I just did. Quite histrionic, I have to say. See the problem I have 2 minutes in, is that for all the experimentation and creativity, they're sacrificing the riffs. The riffs are pretty plain sounding. That being said, the song is actually pretty dynamic for a DB song. I don't think it's all that bad. Maybe the album will be good. Who knows.

True. I honestly haven't heard a kickass Dimmu riff since DCA; they seem to rely more on chugga-chugga palm muted E and A chords without any real bite or melody to them these days.

So stoked for this, Dimmu Borgir is slowly becoming one of my favourite bands and hopefully this album will be better then their last.

Listen to:

Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
Spiritual Black Dimensions
Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

That should be all you need.

Gateways is starting to grow on me. Even the gypsy witch female vocals are starting to sound ok.

Dimmu Borgir is Silenoz and Shagrath. Galder is nothing. Galder is stupid for wasting all of his time in Dimmu Borgir, and putting Old Man's Child on the shelf. He could of launched that band, and could of started a brutal campaign to compete with them. But no, he wants to be on the #1 pop charts with the Dimmu Borgir formula.

Old Man's Child have been coming out with solid albums for years so what are you complaining about? Im glad he is keeping omc as a side project. Stops him from completely selling out and making albums like In Sorte Diaboli.

Last edited by a moderator:

frostbitten :D

Last edited by a moderator: