New djent ambient mix thingy, vocals, free song from our EP (feedback please)

Sora01

how do mix ¯\(°_o)/¯
Oct 7, 2008
Aberdeen
Hey doods,

Our management just put up a sampler thingy and we handed over one of the songs from our EP.

I've been mixing this song for some time and would appreciate some feedback before the final release. You guys always seem to have helpful criticisms! :kickass:

Without you guys on this forum i wouldn't be in a position for mixing my bands own EP so thanks for everything over the last couple of years i've been here. Lurking all those threads helped me a lot haha

I hope you like the song and download it :) :worship:notworthy

EDIT: a link would help http://demisemanagement.bandcamp.com/track/you-are-not-alone

always loved your brand of math metal, and the tones you manage to get, this is some good stuff, definitely downloading!

not so sure about the vocals (the style), however.

also nice to see a fellow scot ;)

thanks,

Sounding pretty cool man, I really like the riffing and the guitar tones, i'm still not sure if i personally like the vocals, but they do sound good and fit pretty well with the music \m/

Amazing Darren!

I really dig your music, though I don't think the vocals are up to par (they're fine but nothing special compared to the rest of your music).
Actually I'd like if it had a better flow throughout, like early Periphery stuff by Jake Veredika (hit me up on MSN if you wanna hear what I'm talking about).

mix/music is sounding really good, love the ambient/etheric vibe the whole mix have. the cleans vocals sounded OK, but not digging the screams to much

Thanks guys! Yeah i know the vocals aren't as good as they could be, personally i think Greg can sing pretty well.
He's working on his screams, it's easier to find someone who can scream and not sing than it is the other way round.

Plus we can remedy his screams over time, he's just got to keep practicing, which is what he does, he seems to be getting better each practice.

Thanks guys! Yeah i know the vocals aren't as good as they could be, personally i think Greg can sing pretty well.
He's working on his screams, it's easier to find someone who can scream and not sing than it is the other way round.

Plus we can remedy his screams over time, he's just got to keep practicing, which is what he does, he seems to be getting better each practice.

all good man, you have to start somewhere!

I think it's just that we've (at least I) got used to darrens stuff beeing instrumental, and having vocals on it now is kinda strange.
although the vocalist isn't that bad, its audible that he still needs some practice, but as ola said, you gotta start somewhere.
sounds cool to me!

Music and production rules. Your vocalist doesn't sound that bad, he just isn't grooving with the music during his harsh vocals. Like some one said earlier he doesn't flow with them.

Guitar tone rules like big boobs.

I honestly like the vibe your singer gives the music, seems like he goes out of breath a couple of times here and there but other than that awesome shit!

I love the thing you do :) Djent <3 al lof the things was awesome in my opinion! Continue with the music your doing.
Peace :)