New Doom Metal Band

wyllie

^^ Why-Lee^^
Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow,Scotland
www.myspace.com
Im startin a new doom metal band kinda in the vein of early katatonia/opeth/etc...

Im lookin for a Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist
I've got someone in mind for vox so we'll see how that pans out.

I'll post some demos soon so anyone interested can get a feel for what the project will sound like.

As of right now there is no name for it...but im sure ill come up with something!

It's more or less gonna be a studio afair as i work a crazy amount of hours and cant afford to be in a live band right now.I thought i try here cuz most of you guys on here are ridiclously talented and id love to get some colaboration on the go :headbang:

-wyllie

I may be interested in this. I don't really have any recordings to show at the moment though, been mainly writing a lot of new material. Really getting more and more into Scandanavian Doom. Swallow the Sun, Ikuinen Kaamos, Saturnus etc . Theres also a band on here, Sabachthani that rock IMO. If not anything I'd love to chip in some leads and solo's.

I would definitely be interested in playing bass for such a project. If you have anything finished feel free to drop me a message.

I may be interested in this. I don't really have any recordings to show at the moment though, been mainly writing a lot of new material. Really getting more and more into Scandanavian Doom. Swallow the Sun, Ikuinen Kaamos, Saturnus etc . Theres also a band on here, Sabachthani that rock IMO. If not anything I'd love to chip in some leads and solo's.

That'd be killer man! ive got 2 newer songs i finished but its not so much doom metal as dark metal aparently...so ive been told haha ill post it up alittle bit later so you can check it out :headbang:

Aha, there are not very much people that are into doom, i'm a huge doomfan.
I also have a doomproject.
www.myspace.com/tranceition

Looking foreward to hear some stuff of your project.

Im gonna post a clip alitle bit later today so you can check it out and lemme know what you think! your project is AWESOME really enjoyed that track on the myspace.

I would definitely be interested in playing bass for such a project. If you have anything finished feel free to drop me a message.

Will do my man cheers for offer i will send you a message in abit!

Cheers guys!
-Wyllie

Well, I'm more of a Dark Metal fan anyway! I have two songs, unfortunately neither are finished, 'As Winter Lays its Seige' is pretty bare bones, I still have a lot of lead passages to record for it, and the rhythm tracks sounds shitty but theres some lead playing towards the end and the second track 'Lacrimae' is more Doom/Ambeint based again with some leads towards the end. I haven't been recording long, but I hope that the lead tone is acceptable: www.myspace.com/cathisord

wow dude! that sounds fucking awesome :headbang:

where abouts in the UK are you from?

I use impulses on my amp atm so ive gotta say your tone is quite abit better than mine. Im quite new to the recording thing also so dont worry about that my friend.

Here's a link to a rough draft of a new one im doin...
http://download.yousendit.com/0A9979445CCA4804

Apologies for the crap mix and the lack of bass!

-wyllie
p.s i added you on myspace

That rocked man, reminded me instantly of Brave Murder Day album, but slightly more melodic.

What tuning are you in?

I'm currently based in Cornwall but I'm about to move back to Devon in the next couple of weeks, just handed in my Dissertation today so Uni is over :ill:

I'm going to try my Fireball with Impulses too and see whether I can improve my tone.

That clip sounded very nice :headbang:. It's still a bit repetitive at the moment but your ideas are definitely very cool and with the right vocals I can definitely see this working out. As I said earlier just let me know if you have anything you want me to put some bass tracks on and I'll send you some ideas.

Hey wyllie, just listening to your song, Yeah man, it sounds very good, i can see this working out with vocals.
Love the acoustic parts. the guitars in the last 30 seconds are great. nice melodies... Keep it up

sup guys ,

ive been super busy the last couple of days but ive got some stuff to send you all.I tried mailing you a song trev but my nets werent gonna let me do it! :confused:

Once i get home today ill email you a song , and for the other people that asked the guitar is tuned to Drop B flat. :Smokedev:

Shout out to all you guys for being uber helpful and helping me get this started! :worship:

-Wyllie

for anyone wanting to record any extra stuff heres the new link!
http://download.yousendit.com/2C2A86DB00A43F48