Tonberry

Cutthroat Crusader
Sep 1, 2004
Plymouth
www.google.com
It's been ages since they updated thier website, but today I discovered:

Dragonland 4: Astronomy :headbang:

ba77f05e40.jpg

Swedish melodic metallers DRAGONLAND are back on their stellar musical quest with a brand new album, programmatically entitled Astronomy, destined to amaze the dedicated listeners of technically challenging bombastic metal, but also sure to positively surprise those of you who haven’t yet been exposed to the impressing compositional quality of this virtuoso six-piece. Guitarist Olof Mörck comments the 4th opus of the 1999 formed band as follows:

"This album is another huge step on the way of finding our unique galaxy in the melodic metal firmament. It is partly a musical resumé over our previous career, retaining all the core elements of what made DRAGONLAND what we have always been about, but most of all it is a progression towards the future of metal and powerful music in general”. Two years after the launch of their previous Starfall album, which marked their Century Media debut, DRAGONLAND returned to quality-trademarked Studio Fredman (HammerFall, Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, etc.) for the realisation of Astronomy and achieved their most complete and comprehensive work to date: From the epic vibe of the opening track “Supernova” or “Cassiopeia”, the compact approach of the title track, the power-ballad “Too Late For Sorrow” and the grand finale with the classically inspired depth of the trilogy “The Old House on the Hill” (a 14-minute movie score piece), Astronomy is a through and through passionate musical journey of atmospheric and majestic sound landscapes, vocally enriched by guest vocal features ranging from angelic female passages to aggressive death metal shouts, which help adding a new dimension of amplitude to the band’s predominantly melodic overall character.

Niklas Sundin’s (Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Arch Enemy, etc.) gifted conceptual artwork and Olle Carlsson’s (The Haunted, Soilwork, Nevermore, etc.) brilliant photography round off the packaging for this ambitioned, modern album, which is sure to appeal to fans of Nightwish, Yngwie Malmsteen or Dragonforce but also proggier acts like Evergrey and Soilwork. Be ready for stellar phenomenae and astral ascension on November 13th! (My sister's birthday :lol:)

Century Media, 2006

DRAGONLAND - “Astronomy” (52:23) track-listing:

1. Supernova (5:09)
2. Cassiopeia(4:06)
3. Contact(4:25)
4. Astronomy (3:20)
5. Antimatter (3:00)
6. The Book of Shadows part IV: The Scrolls of Geometria Divina (4:04)
7. Beethoven's Nightmare (6:11)
8. Too Late for Sorrow (3:36)
9. Direction: Perfection (4:29)
10. The Old House on the Hill Chapter I: A Death in the Family (4:30)
11. The Old House on the Hill Chapter II: The Thing in the Cellar (3:07)
12. The Old House on the Hill Chapter III: The Ring of Edward Waldon (6:17)

In my book, any album which contains the songs; Supernova and Antimatter, is just gonna stomp some serious ass!

My pic disappeared, so here it is again:

a8e580727c.jpg

And Dom, I'm hankering for a copy, but it's looking doubtful, we have trouble getting stuff from Century Media, and its not too long to the offical release anywho :D

Yes, I do want to get them all someday. Very impressed.
I like their first one as I said, and many say that is actually their weakest. Therefore, I expect even bigger and better things from their other albums.

A new DRAGONLAND song, entitled "Contact", has been posted online at the group's official MySpace page. The track comes off the Swedish metallers' upcoming fourth album, "Astronomy", due on November 13 via Century Media Records. The follow-up to 2004's "Starfall" was recorded at Studio Fredman (IN FLAMES, HAMMERFALL, DIMMU BORGIR) in Gothenburg with producer Fredrik Nordström.

Commented guitarist Olof Mörck: "We're planning to post a few new songs online at MySpace for your previewing pleasure, and first up is 'Contact', a furiously fast metal epic with all the blazing guitar/keyboard playing and soaring vocals you have come to expect from DRAGONLAND through the last six years. This song is a part of the more traditional fast DRAGONLAND sound, though spiced up with really thrashy and down tuned guitars, and is probably a welcome listen for the people who thought the 'Starfall' album was too slow and soft. DRAGONLAND is back stronger than ever before!"

Link:

http://www.myspace.com/dragonland

I won't shit you....this is a good song. Check out the background guitar/keyboard work. Rather "dragonforcey" fills I think. Very good stuff, I'd love to know Steve's opinion on the keys