New Dream Evil Jan 25

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
Can't come soon enough! (Ironically that's also the night I see Sebastian Bach!)

Sweden’s DREAM EVIL have revealed the artwork and tracklisting for their new studio album, In The Night.

In The Night was once again produced at Sweden’s Studio Fredman (DIMMU BORGIR, IN FLAMES, HAMMERFALL, etc.), which is owned by Dream Evil axeman Fredrik Nordström, and strikes back with the power of pure steel via Century Media Records on January 25th, 2010 in Europe and January 26th, 2010 in North America.

The artwork (click image at left) was created by Gustavo Sazes (ARCH ENEMY, FIREWIND, KRISIUN, etc.).

In The Night tracklisting:

'Immortal'
'In The Night'
'Bang Your Head'
'See The Light'
'Electric'
'Frostbite'
'On The Wind'
'The Ballad'
'In The Fires Of The Sun'
Mean Machine'
'Kill, Burn, Be Evil'
'The Unchosen One'

Enhancing the release of In The Night, Dream Evil will also come back to European stages, having lined up a special release club-show in Germany as well shows with STRATOVARIUS and an appearance at 2010’s Bloodstock festival in the UK.

dreamevilnewcd.jpg

The music is pretty much the same as always, which is good at least they hadn't sold out. On the other hand the nicknames they chose for each member are so ultra-cheesy :rolleyes:

A bit of cheesiness is actually what sets them apart from similar-sounding bands. That being said, I agree that the nicknames are a bit too much. Certainly won't stop me from buying the album, though. Will have to get the Mediabook version since I'm a sucker for bonus tracks. I'll be happy if they can equal "United" (IMHO their best :worship:), but can they top it?

Will have to get the Mediabook version since I'm a sucker for bonus tracks. I'll be happy if they can equal "United" (IMHO their best :worship:), but can they top it?

I'm also thinking about the special edition, they did a good job with the bonus tracks in "United" 2-CD edition. But I believe their best album still is the debut. :headbang:

I'm also thinking about the special edition, they did a good job with the bonus tracks in "United" 2-CD edition. But I believe their best album still is the debut. :headbang:

Yeah, I think Dragonslayer slightly edges out United, but both are among DE's best.

I'm so sick of this bonus track crap. People are hardly buying CDs as it is and it's just dissuading people further. Just release all the material for the album and enough of this bonus track crap. Otherwise, there's all the incentive to just download the album and burn all of the songs onto one CD.

That said, I'll be getting the Mediabook version, even though I hate digis.

I'm so sick of this bonus track crap. People are hardly buying CDs as it is and it's just dissuading people further. Just release all the material for the album and enough of this bonus track crap. Otherwise, there's all the incentive to just download the album and burn all of the songs onto one CD.

That said, I'll be getting the Mediabook version, even though I hate digis.

Very interesting point. I never though about it or those terms. I mean I'm not gonna buy a very expensive Japanese version for only one lousy song. But I have bought in the last few years several special editions for a couple more bucks getting several bonus tracks, videos, DVDs, etc.

So I have seen usually the factor you point it negatively as an incentive to buy the record. So depending on price, availability (and the band in question) I usually try to get the special edition even if I also hate digipacks.

P.S. What I do really HATE is when the bonus tracks are demos or simple live versions without spice.

Just got the new Dream Evil. It kicks serious ass and though I despise digipacks, the packaging is hella cool. I'm 9 songs into the album thus far, and I dare say it's their heaviest work to date. Not quite as melodic as Dragonslayer.

The music is pretty much the same as always, which is good at least they hadn't sold out. On the other hand the nicknames they chose for each member are so ultra-cheesy :rolleyes:

I'm just going to take your word on that, Honestly I used to like them but when it started being the same thing over and over and just in general got really tiring I lost interest. I probably won't even check this out to be honest.

I'm just going to take your word on that, Honestly I used to like them but when it started being the same thing over and over and just in general got really tiring I lost interest. I probably won't even check this out to be honest.

Yeah, but this is Dream Evil. They do what they do, and quite frankly I love them for it. Enough bands change with every record, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. DE gives us good but predictable metal albums, and in their case I ask for nothing more.

I downloaded it yesterday. Pretty much the same album they have recorded since the second one, a bit better than "United" which IMO suffered a lot with the exit of Snowy in the composition department.

If you're a fan you'll enjoy it, otherwise save the money. And btw, the extra tracks don't worth to pay a lot more, get in the range of $1-2, otherwise get for the standard version.

Pretty much the same album they have recorded since the second one, a bit better than "United" which IMO suffered a lot with the exit of Snowy in the composition department.

If you're a fan you'll enjoy it, otherwise save the money. And btw, the extra tracks don't worth to pay a lot more, get in the range of $1-2, otherwise get for the standard version.

I quite like the 14th song (I forget the name). I liked United more than this one but In the Night is still quite good. I'd say it's a middle of the road album.

Also, I can't get over the title of the album. :lol:

I listened again to it today. Yes I'm gonna buy it, and no it's not a great album, strictly speaking for fans only IMO.
Hadn't found yet the instantly catchy song like the debut or "Evilized" have, so yes I guess is a MOTR album. Although I'm gonna give them a point: 'The Ballad' is exactly that, they haven't lost their fun-at-themselves side.

I dunno. DE never really topped songs like The Chosen Ones or Chasing the Dragon. Each new release tends to be blander than the one before. If I see it cheap at HMV, I might give it a chance but...

Well damage done, I ordered on Wednesday the limited edition. It's already been shipped to me :D

@ TDD: I agree they have lost impulse from the debut to now, but like Hammerfall or Freedom Call is one of those bands that if you like the sound they keep making funny albums to waste money on them :p