New Dream Theater Studio Album News

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
This is a quote from Jordan Rudess about a new studio album from Dream Theater:

quote:

We’re gonna enter the studio early next month. There is nothing written down at all. We haven't written any of the music yet. We’d like to make it as emotionally open an album as possible, deep with a lot of feeling. It’s not gonna be heavy metal for sure. Is not gonna be like Train of Thought. That’s out of our system. The album will be more harmonic, more progressive. I am bringing many new interesting sounds. For one more time we're gonna turn the page on our music. The new album will be released next spring and we will start touring next summer.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

These guys are machines. Train of Thought was released less than a year ago, and they have been touring non stop since. Just realeased a dvd from the current tour, and are now entering the studio to record a new album.

Sounds like it will be more melodic and 'classis' DT style :headbang: :yow:

Train of Thought was/is good, but I would love to hear some more melodic stuff like scarred, voices, spirit carries on, learning to live, change of seasons, trial of tears etc.

Would love to hear JP ditch the shredding for now and get that Dave Gilmour vibe back.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that Mike would want to include the 3rd part of The Glass Prison/This Dying Soul... So there could be atleast one heavy song on the album... Unless the 3rd part is the quiet, reflection part.

I love the metal guitar stylings on Train Of Thought. That album is killer, and has cracked my top ten albums I reckon. Brilliant.

Yeah I was curious about the third song in the The Glass Prison/This Dying Soul trilogy thingo, I'm not sure I like the idea of it going soft.

Hopefully the album will be somewhat like Awake, heavy and melodic in all the right places, but probably not, since they have said they want it to be ultra melodic. Don't get me wrong though, I love their melodic stuff too. :headbang:

From reading the DTIFC fanzine you get the feeling that DT will suffer from burn-out within a couple of years. I predict that after the next album is released, and they extensively tour it (including a 3-city tour of Australia ;) ), they'll take an extended break before re-grouping on a different label (their contract with Elektra will be finished by then). The break will do them a world of good and they'll go on for another 20 years.

:D