New Drum Mix/ Your Thoughts

CSMadden81243

Audio Engineer/Musician
Nov 2, 2010
Clarksville, Indiana
www.myspace.com
Recently started re-recording a demo for my band. I just need some feedback/tips on my new drum mix. The guitars in this are old and are soon to be redone, so just try to not pay attention to those haha. Everything but cymbals are replaced. Bass drum is as close as I could get to Born of Osiris/ Veil of Maya's bass drums (New Reign/ Common Mans Collapse). Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/the-oedipus-complex/the-fall-of-laius-new-drums

Overall it sounds pretty good but I'm having trouble telling the difference between the kick and snare. They both seem to take up the same EQ range. Maybe ad a bit of low end to the kick?

Good job. :)

Overall it sounds pretty good but I'm having trouble telling the difference between the kick and snare. They both seem to take up the same EQ range. Maybe ad a bit of low end to the kick?

Good job. :)

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out. I actually had to add a little bass to the kick once because the original sample wasn't as punchy as our guitar player wanted it haha. I guess the other reason is because everything is quantized to the grid. But thanks for listening guys. I'll hopefully have a copy with new guitars up soon. If you guys want a copy of this demo when its done, send me a message and i'll give you a link.

By the way, what do you guys think about the toms and cymbals?