New drummer for Biomechanical !

Existenz

Nov 12, 2004
UK
John K on Biomech's new drummer:

"We are very pleased to announce that Jonno Lodge, a very talanted 18 year old drummer from Doncaster will be fulfilling the drumming duties for Biomechanical.

I can't quite believe that we got somebody in just a few days!
The response for the drumming position has been overwhelming and I would like to thank all who contacted us.

Jonno is an avid Dream Theater fan which makes it easier for us to gel with him in terms of time signature changes etc. Has been playing the drums since the age of four and is classically trained.

After watching his solo realised the potential of this collaboration could be awesome and the only logical thing after hearing him play was to offer him the job!
So would like to welcome the dude in the band and to say that we are looking forward to working with him!"
Here is a short vid with Jonno at his drum kit

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=20877342&blogID=289860519

wow, that was FAST! awesome job getting someone so quickly... and someone that young playing that well. now you guys HAVE to come back to the states just so I can shake his hand for kickstarting his music career in such an awesome band.

That truly is (*cue Tony The Tiger*) grrrrrreat stuff. What a jammy chap Mr. Lodge is. I wish yas all the best wi' him. :)

EDIT: Having listened to the new drummer I thought I'd add: Holy shit!

Blabbermouth says:

BIOMECHANICAL members Jamie Hunt (guitar), Chris Webb (guitar) and Jon Collins (bass) appear to have quit the band following an argument with the group's frontman John K. (a.k.a. Yiannis Koutselinis) over the band's future.

In a statement released earlier today, Webb said, "John K. from BIOMECHANICAL has given remaining band members Jamie Hunt, Chris Webb and Jon Collins an ultimatum to stay or go. Jamie, Jon and Chris said they didn't want to go into the politics of it all, but after a heated debate broke out John K. made the decision that BIOMECHANICAL was no longer going to be known as a band, but known as a John K. project, leaving Jamie, Chris and Jon as unpaid session musicians. Jamie, Chris and Jon, all feel they have given 100% to BIOMECHANICAL the band but regretfully have chosen to part ways with John K. and his project. They wish John K. all the best with his future project. Jamie, Jon, Chris and former BIOMECHANICAL drummer Matt C. have decided to form a new band together, and will be looking for a new singer….if this sounds like it could be for you please [send an e-mail to] this address. All genres of metal singers are welcome to apply."

BIOMECHANICAL's new album, "Cannibalised", is due to be released early 2008 via Earache Records.

wtf

confused-smiley-17427.gif

Blabbermouth says:

BIOMECHANICAL members Jamie Hunt (guitar), Chris Webb (guitar) and Jon Collins (bass) appear to have quit the band following an argument with the group's frontman John K. (a.k.a. Yiannis Koutselinis) over the band's future.

In a statement released earlier today, Webb said, "John K. from BIOMECHANICAL has given remaining band members Jamie Hunt, Chris Webb and Jon Collins an ultimatum to stay or go. Jamie, Jon and Chris said they didn't want to go into the politics of it all, but after a heated debate broke out John K. made the decision that BIOMECHANICAL was no longer going to be known as a band, but known as a John K. project, leaving Jamie, Chris and Jon as unpaid session musicians. Jamie, Chris and Jon, all feel they have given 100% to BIOMECHANICAL the band but regretfully have chosen to part ways with John K. and his project. They wish John K. all the best with his future project. Jamie, Jon, Chris and former BIOMECHANICAL drummer Matt C. have decided to form a new band together, and will be looking for a new singer….if this sounds like it could be for you please [send an e-mail to] this address. All genres of metal singers are welcome to apply."

BIOMECHANICAL's new album, "Cannibalised", is due to be released early 2008 via Earache Records.

wtf