New Edguy Video Posted!

If this track is representative of the album, we can close the book on Edguy being metal. That said, I liked the song quite a bit and will get the album.

This is not a bad song but it's not what I want from Edguy. I will wait to hear the whole albume though before giving up hope.

Eh. Disappointing, and that is from someone who LOVED "Rocket Ride".

Is that a new drummer, or did he just totally strip down his kit? Only drummer I ever saw who was worth his salt using a small kit like that was the guy from Extreme (Paul Geary?).

I dig the song, I dig the sound. Only thing I don't dig is how straight the drummer plays the song. If the drums were less robotic and more rock and roll, this tune would be a lot more ballsy.

Wow, I am impressed. The song actually has some balls and is much better than anything off of the bubble gum rock of Rocket Ride. It restores some faith in the band.

All the melodies from this band are starting to sound the same to me.

Opening riff is cliche but sounds good, and the vocal melodies sound like other Edguy songs recycled.

Hope the rest of the album isnt more of the same.

Better than Rocket Ride, but still hasn't got my attention. Funny thing is that the Superheroes EP that came out was great...

It's sort of painful to see Tobias with an emo swoop.

First impressions...

At least it's better than any of the songs on Rocket Ride. :lol: That being said, I don't find it has the bite of Hellfire Club. The more I listen to this song, I am beginning to think that Tobias is blurring the lines between Edguy and Avantasia. But I'll wait until I hear the rest of the album before I make a final judgement.

And about the haircut... looks like he's growing his hair back out. Tobias had it cut REALLY short for the Lost in Space video. Still not as long as it should be though. :)

I'm feeling on this board like I'm sitting in a study hall at an all girls school watching videos. Not metal? No heart? His FUCKING HAIR???? Forget "no hope for Edguy". I think there's little hope for people around here. Shit, fellas, this is exactly the type of song that puts Edguy in the perennially "Best in PP show" when it's played. Is this a metal board or what? I'm so fucking confused. Don't like it. Ok. But "not metal" etc etc? And Circus Maximus IS metal then? WTF'nF?

I think most people (myself included) think that Edguy's sound is more like a pop band than a power metal band. Yeah, they're better than 99.99% of the shit on the radio, but they have sounded better in the past, and I think people were expecting more of that raw sound.

Edguy reminds me of Def Leppard. At one time, Def Leppard used to be a great band, but now they sound so lame. Edguy seems to be doing down that same path :erk:.

I like it... Edguy is a fun band and always will be I'm glad I got the chance to see them in Cleveland and thought they stole the show from Kamelot.

For those of you that are pissin' and moanin' about this song, judge the album when it's actually released. For me, it's what I've been hearing out of the Edguys for the last three discs. The band flirted with this direction during Mandrake, so why the surprise? Edguy is one of my favorite bands and they never disappoint me. I'll be buying! :headbang:

~Brian~