New Edguy

Stormster

Somewhere Far Beyond
Sep 13, 2005
Sydney, NSW
"Tinnitus Sanctus" i think its called? Heard it anybody? How'd you like it. Edguy are one of my favourite bands, but i just heard a single called "ministry of Saints" off their website from the new album, and it has nothing on the old Edguy. I found Rocket Ride to be good at times yet boring at others. I hope the new album isn't like that, but judging from the single they are going more rocky. I want my old Edguy. Kingdom of Madness Edguy, Mandrake Edguy, etc.

I've listened to it a couple of times now. My favorite CD is Rocket Ride and so far the new one is boring in comparison.

:headbang:

Yeh, looking back i may have been a tad harsh on rocket ride. It contains awesome songs such as Sacrifice, Rocket Ride, Catch of the Century, Superheroes, etc. But theres a couple on there i dont like, i think its called trinidad? Hellfire club tho, now thats a kick ass album!

I have the new album "Tinnitus Sanctus".
I think the whole album is really good.
I have one song i really like on that album. It´s "Sex Fire Religion". Its my favourite song on that record.
Have you not heard the record i think you shall att least give it a try and buy it!
I think its a great album! :kickass:

:)

Dude, if you want the old stuff, why don't you just listen to the old stuff? I would imagine that most people would get sick of bands if they played almost the same for every album.
I think the thing to listen to in new albums isn't how it compares to the older stuff, but how it compares as a piece of music out right. If the music is bland, then it's bad, if it's not but doesn't sound like the old stuff, then it's still good. You've got the old stuff to worship still, and another different but good album. Ya know?

I like what i like. I still listen to the old stuff, but i want new stuff that has the same sort of feel as the old stuff and does the same thing for me. Unfortunately, some of it doesnt.

I really like it. Definately different from the Edguy of old, but I find the pop mixed with power metal really cool and interesting. Tobi's songwriting skills are incredible.

I like what i like. I still listen to the old stuff, but i want new stuff that has the same sort of feel as the old stuff and does the same thing for me. Unfortunately, some of it doesnt.

Yeah it's always tough, those bands always insist on 'progressing'.

Ever notice that the beer emoticon moves quicker than any of the others? Must be a bit of a Moloko mix.

Anyways ill give it a spin soon, I am only judging the album from one song. But what Matt just posted above sounds interesting :kickass:

I know im an late answer..been much here..haha :lol:
Just wanted to ask u if u did got that album stormster?
What did u thought about it?? :)

Sometimes it´s not helping to listen on an album just one time..sometimes u need to listen on it serveral of times before u even can say something about it. :)

I like the album very much though. :) :headbang:

You shall never compare old stuff bands have done with their new albums stuff then u will always get dissapointed..
And how boring is it when an band always sounds the same!?!..loads of boring me thinks!..The songs almost sounds the same as on an old album..That sux really heaps!...
New album means new stuff !

I think its good that bands also change sometimes their soundstyle and sometimes it is even to the better than before. :)

The best thing when u listen on an new album is to be openminded and clear you mind and thoughts from the old stuff they have made and just listen to the new album many times before even decide if its shit or not.

But thats what i think and how i do it when i get an new record.
The only time i can give an album an minus is when it sounds toooo much poplike and boring then it goes into the trashbin directly haha bec i hate pop and other stuff that is not Metal! haha :lol:

STAY METAL!! :headbang:

How very close minded of you.

Sometimes people just like stuff that's very familiar to them.
Like eating the same food or the same clothes it can be comforting.
It's great if people like a lot of diff kinds of music but it's also just as ok to like what you like.
Especially tradional Metal fans. That's why the call it traditional Metal. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
I also have a hard time dealing with bands changing styles radically. Sure it's ok for the likes of Mike Patton or MESHUGGAH but some forms of Metal are just pleasing when it doesn't deviate too much.
If ANVIL or OVERKILL did a drum and bass record i'd have seizure.LOL!
Have you actually ever heard EDGUY btw dude?:lol:

Toto and Journey are pop and they are 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better than Edguy. POP RULES!

EDGUY live > TOTO that much i can swear too.:lol:

JOURNEY circa late 70's/early 80's were pretty much perfect though.:worship:
"Seperate Ways" what a song!!!
I must agree that Toto were crap live when they came out here last. Really disappointed.

Perry era Journey owns all!

Have you heard the Andrew Matos cover version of Seperate Ways? Sounds pretty funny with his accent.