New electronic/progressive/cheesy/whatever metal track!

exzem

May 4, 2009
Sweden
Hi all!

A long time since I made any music, but got a bit inspired this weekend so I came up with a new track. Not sure what you would classify it as, thought I would share it here.

Be warned that it might be a bit cheesy, but I hey I like it like that :)

Any comments about the track or the mix would be appreciated!

* TSE x50 for guitars
* Bass is just a pitch shifted guitar through AmpegSVX + TSE x50
* Drums are Superior 2.0 + some random samples
* Toxic biohazard for synths

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man! you are alive?lol I love your old stuff and this new direction seems very good because I love eletronic stuff also. Mix sounds quite good for the style.

Hey Nuno, nice to hear from you! Yep still alive and kickin'! I haven't just recorded much music lately, I been moving around and not had time/inspiration to do much recording.

wutzington: Yeah I agree that the some hats are a bit too static sounding, should probably find some better samples. Hehe, I didn't think of that, but Deus Ex used to be one of my favorite games so it might have influenced me subliminally :)

Glad your still makeing songs Exzem !
i listen to all your old songs ALL the time , have them all on one cd.. i think 12 of em ..
love your style and mixes ... this is the first post i have made on here in about 2 years aswell .. Keep it up .. if you release a full CD i WILL buy it !

Cheers !!

Cheesy is not necessarily bad ! Music does not need to follow only minor keys and whatnot.

I dig it so far. Could use a little bit more details during the "main riff" that could identify itself as a verse, with the synth being repetitive. I would throw things in the air on the far right and left of the mix to entertain the listener and give him the opportunity to discover new details while he was focused on the main riff. Same at 3:30, could be nice to automate the synth to give it another dimension.

Anyway, love it ! I dig the 3:30 part

It reminds me a little of some tunes from Chaos Rings, the latest Square Enix rpg they released on the iPhone (there are 3 now actually). Some tunes were a little bit dancy/trancy/rock like this (with a more futuristic vibe though).