New ELIS, WOW!!!!

Inner Peace

New Metal Member
Oct 1, 2006
This is a bitter sweet post. The new Elis and last for late singer Sabine is IMO a masterpiece!!!! Reminds me of perfect blend of WITHOUT FACE and Lacuna Coil. The guitars are crunchy as hell and the melodies are extremely memorable. This is sad knowing Sabine never got to see her last work released. We miss you Sabine,and the new cd is beautiful::cry:

New singer announced!
---

Liechtenstein-based gothic metal group ELIS — whose lead singer, Sabine Dünser, who suffered a cerebral hemorrhage on July 7, 2006 during rehearsal and passed away the following day in hospital — has issued the following update:

"Now the time has come to disclose the secret about our new singer! Sandra Schleret [photo] will do the vocals for ELIS in the future! Sandra comes from Innsbruck (Austria) and stood behind the microphone for various bands, among others for DREAMS OF SANITY and SIEGFRIED. She did also guest appearances for SAMAEL. She impressed us with her voice and her personality and we guess that she fits perfect to ELIS! You will find more information in the 'Biography' section of our homepage.

"We want to thank all of the candidates once again dearly and we wish all of you the best of luck on your further path!"

ELIS's latest album, "Griefshire", was released in Europe on November 24 via Napalm Records (the U.S. will receive the album on January 16). The recordings for the CD were completed prior to the death of Dünser, who came up with the original concept for the album.

Dünser was born June 27, 1977 and joined ELIS, then still known as ERBEN DER SCHOPFUNG, in 2001.

The follow-up to 2004's "Dark Clouds in a Perfect Sky", "Griefshire" was completed at Mastersound Studios in Stuttgart with producer Alexander Krull (ATROCITY, LEAVES' EYES).

---
I liked Dreams of Sanity's Komodia okay - I will have to watch and see what Elis pulls off next.