Some new releases I picked up....

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
I got some new Cd's and they are just kicking my ass.

Ad Vitam Aeternam - Abstract Senses (a fantastic french band that reminds me a lot of Tristania)

Elis - God's Silence, Devils Temptation (another great gothic metal release with a female singer)

The Vision Bleak - The Deathship Has A New Captain - more gothic/horror metal from Germany...check out the video for Wolfmoon from thier site, it's a free download....

Mercenary - 11 Dreams (awesome disc)

Bride Adorned - Blessed Stillness (I wrote about them several years ago, symphonic power metal from Finland...interesting release)

Therion - Lemuria/Sirius B (love the Lemuria disc, not a bad song....Sirius B is good, but not as good IMO)

Within Temptation - The Silent FOrce

Any thoughts? (BTW, all titles were obtained through The End except Ad Vitam which I got on a label in Mexico and Bride Adorned which I got through their record label in Finland and they both accepted Paypal)....great service on all CD"S if anyones thinking about ordering from any of them!!!

zinescene said:
I got some new Cd's and they are just kicking my ass.

Ad Vitam Aeternam - Abstract Senses (a fantastic french band that reminds me a lot of Tristania)

Elis - God's Silence, Devils Temptation (another great gothic metal release with a female singer)

The Vision Bleak - The Deathship Has A New Captain - more gothic/horror metal from Germany...check out the video for Wolfmoon from thier site, it's a free download....

Mercenary - 11 Dreams (awesome disc)

Bride Adorned - Blessed Stillness (I wrote about them several years ago, symphonic power metal from Finland...interesting release)

Therion - Lemuria/Sirius B (love the Lemuria disc, not a bad song....Sirius B is good, but not as good IMO)

Within Temptation - The Silent FOrce

Any thoughts? (BTW, all titles were obtained through The End except Ad Vitam which I got on a label in Mexico and Bride Adorned which I got through their record label in Finland and they both accepted Paypal)....great service on all CD"S if anyones thinking about ordering from any of them!!!
I'm a huge fan of Mercenary's 11 Dreams, though I would have called it 11 Nightmares!!! Lotta creepy tracks on that cd, but the best has got to be "Sharpen the Edges". AAAAHHHH, can't listen to it late at night or I'll never be able to sleep! :zombie:
Seriously, that is one balls-out cd with that edgy mix of death/growl and clean vocals this band is know for as well as a variety of power/progressive and other metal elements blended masterfully into a cohesive punch that smacks you, wakes you up and makes you keep come back for more! No two tracks are the same. Love that bluesy little surprise, "Music Nonstop". (Gotta stop singing that at work.) o_O
WELL DONE to all the Merc guys in Denmark! Can't wait to see them again live, if not at PP6 then soon, soon, soon!!:headbang:

As for the double Therion release, what a bold move by another talented band. To release two very different albums at the same time is quite daring IMO. I can't decide which is my favorite. First week was Sirius B, then Lemuria, now I keep flip/flopping. They are so different from each other yet still the vibe that is Therion runs through them both. Listen to the both, A LOT, and you'll find something new to love in each one.

zinescene said:
I love the Bride Adorned album, but can't seem to find it anywhere for less than $30! The Japanese version seems the be the only one out there. If you've got any insight as to where I can find it for a more reasonable price please let me know.