new EMPYRIUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

addae said:
...no, noooooooo...you misunderstood me or i think i tried to write all my thoughts in a sentence without any punctuation and sense :rolleyes: ...

I´ve spoken to some of above mentioned people and they weren´t fascinated by this song as we are...They sometimes didn´t noticed this song besides almost of these strange Neofolk tunes ...Any clarities left ?...Forget it...

...It´s GReat and Markus was singing...Check out Sun of the sleepless... HIs BM project...:headbang:

PS: i have to think about my way of putting my thoughts into a sense making format...anyway CHEERS :Smokin:

Okay, I understand you now, and Sun of the the Sleepless is very good, its probably my favourite post-empyrium project of the lot. Cant wait for the new material, Im sure I wont be dissapointed.

Erik said:
Seriously why do bands like Immortal, Emperor and Empyrium even bother announcing they're going to break up, if it's going to be 3-5 years before they get together again to record?
Husbands, wives, life-partners, etc.

I'll get this album. Empyrium were/are fucking great, other than the gayboard album (which isn't bad).

JayKeeley said:
That would be wunderbar. This is great news, or at least it's something to look forward to.

Have these guys ever toured (in any capacity, whether Noekk or whatever)?

I thought it was well established that Empyrium was/is studio-only, but so were Agalloch until a few years ago...great news no matter what if they are reforming.

MAMA MIA! prophecy productions is killing it! what a great label

here's the rest of the new album, fresh off the press, like 20 views on the videos as we speak. count on me to bring u the hottest scoops on the web.

Should have my LP in a day or two.... let's see if these guys still got "it"

edit: just got an e-mail from Prophecy which contains a download code. Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions: Krilons Resa
Yeah, this album fucking rules. The two singles they released are definitely the most “standard” tracks on the album (as in the most similar to their classic era). Very moody and doomy stuff, the second track even reminds me of Summoning’s last album. I’m really happy to hear that they weren’t totally ripping themselves off. The old “vibe” is there with plenty of new ideas. The production is excellent as well, I’m looking forward to spinning this several more times in the coming days. Definitely my AOTY so far (whatever that’s worth at the end of February).

so far i feel like it's mostly hat and very little cattle

but i might change my mind

EDIT. listening again and it feels better this time

also lemme just say, because i have to say it despite it being fairly uninteresting, that the acoustic guitar bit at 1:30 in "moonrise" is by far the most opeth shit i've ever heard outside an opeth song

pick a spot anywhere on "still life" and plop it down note for note and no one would bat an eye

Last edited:
Reactions: MFJ
so far i feel like it's mostly hat and very little cattle

but i might change my mind

EDIT. listening again and it feels better this time

also lemme just say, because i have to say it despite it being fairly uninteresting, that the acoustic guitar bit at 1:30 in "moonrise" is by far the most opeth shit i've ever heard outside an opeth song

pick a spot anywhere on "still life" and plop it down note for note and no one would bat an eye

LOL that was the first thing that came to my mind as well. it's quite blatant.

Yeah, this album fucking rules. The two singles they released are definitely the most “standard” tracks on the album (as in the most similar to their classic era). Very moody and doomy stuff, the second track even reminds me of Summoning’s last album. I’m really happy to hear that they weren’t totally ripping themselves off. The old “vibe” is there with plenty of new ideas. The production is excellent as well, I’m looking forward to spinning this several more times in the coming days. Definitely my AOTY so far (whatever that’s worth at the end of February).

I agree with just about everything here, I'm really enjoying this one. To me it sounds like an updated songs of moors, with A) the songwriting dynamics of wood grouse and weiland B) Better vocals overall with Helm in the band, and Schwadorf seemingly having better harsh vocals now than 20 year ago--I guess the touring more / recent sun of sleepless album helped that. Also you took the words out of my mouth MFJ, it DOES remind me of summoning a little (but better :p) and :rofl: @ erik 1:30 to 2:40 is totally that Advent acoustic part (around 3 minutes) mixed in with some benighted like you said! Standout track for me would probably be wild swans-

This definitely gives me up for their future material---maybe some more piano like Weiland:thumbsup:

Reactions: Reign in Acai
I've listened to this new album a lot this week and my verdict is that it's a big step up from TTotT, but for me it's still miles behind the first four. It definitely has its moment, but too few and far between.

I've listened to this new album a lot this week and my verdict is that it's a big step up from TTotT, but for me it's still miles behind the first four. It definitely has its moment, but too few and far between.
basically this yeah

i mean.. i feel like i have the same thing to say about so many recent albums from older bands but: while it is generally well-crafted music, it's so hard to get past the sense that they're just cosplaying as something they once was and the Spirit just ain't there

it's so hard to get past the sense that they're just cosplaying as something they once was and the Spirit just ain't there

Yeah I won't even try to deny this, it's rampant with all of these older bands. That being said, a forest metal Empyrium album from 2021 is still way better than it has any right to be. I think it has a unique maturity that you (obviously) won't detect on "A Wintersunset..." and "Songs...", but then again that young magical innocence is what makes those albums so timeless in the first place.

Basically: most new metal sucks a big one and I'm just happy to have this album without being horribly disappointed by it.