New Enslaved album "Ruun"

The Amazer

Mar 31, 2003
Now is that not the coolest motherfucking album title ever?

Fuck Enslaved are good. Here is the press Release:

---------------------------

ENSLAVED Press release January 9th 2006

GREAT NEWS!! ENSLAVED has entered Amper Studios (Oslo, Norway) to record their next album which is entitled “RUUN”. They’ve only been in studio for a week yet they already feel confident that this will be a monumental album! The drums are finished, and the guitars are being recorded at this very moment.
”The songs are stronger than ever, we’ve found the ultimate studios and the guys in the band are in very high spirits. Now it’s just a matter of working as hard as body and mind permits” says guitarist and composer Ivar Bjørnson. First two song titles to be revealed are the two to-be video songs: “Path of Vanir” and “Essence”.

“RUUN” is due to be RELEASED on MAY 8th 2006 (Tabu Recordings). The album will be mixed in Propeller Studios (Oslo, Norway) by Mike Hartung and finally mastered in Cutting Room (Stockholm, Sweden).

“You’re asking how “RUUN” sounds compared to “ISA”?
-You tell me!” says Bjørnson.

-------------------------

If this is even in the same ballpark as Isa it's going to be a classic. Isa is the best metal album I have heard come out in YEARS. Well, at least since Below the Lights by Enslaved.

Cannot fucking wait :kickass:

I'd call it progressive black metal with trad elements?

It's just crazy good.

If you want to try a song, I guess "Bounded by Allegiance" off of Isa would show the direction they've headed and it's just a fucking CLASSIC.

P.S tr00 black metallers would call them VIKING BLACK METAL or some shit, which their earlier stuff is.

Actually, come to think about it - I was very late on the Enslaved train, so everyone gets the benefit of the doubt!

That is if you go and discover how fucking good they are RIGHT NOW!