New EXODUS, "Shovel Headed Kill Machine"

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
First impressions: about half awesome thrash thrash thrash, but still with far too many bullshit groove fag jump-da-fuk-up tough guy riffs.

What Lee Altus does in this band instead of staying with the 400 times better HEATHEN remains a mystery to yours truly. :erk:

Erik said:
First impressions: about half awesome thrash thrash thrash, but still with far too many bullshit groove fag jump-da-fuk-up tough guy riffs.

What Lee Altus does in this band instead of staying with the 400 times better HEATHEN remains a mystery to yours truly. :erk:

What do you mean by "jump-da-fuk-up tough guy riffs"? Hatebreed?

I mean verses that go CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA *guitars silent, only bass and drums while guy sings* CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA and so forth... and just BIG DUMB RIFFS® in general, you know the kind that Diamond Darrell would like... Fucking far from the awesomeness of THIS IS THE ENEMY HUNTING MEEEEEEEEEEE WITH ARROWS OF AGONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! that's for sure

Erik, since I'm too lazy to look on dc++, can you send me a few songs?

EDIT: nevermind, I found a copy to grab, just got the first song..

mediocre riffs so far, but this vocalist is fucking awesome.

EDIT 2: Ok NOW we're thrashing!

Erik said:
Vocalist is great, seems like he does his utmost to emulate Zetro to me though.

He has some Baloff-isms as well though. He's great, totally better than I expected him to be. This first song ain't half bad...now, lets move on to the next tracks...

Second track marks the first real thrash moments, but then it has a fair share of WTF moments as well, and generally nothing so far grabs me by the throat.

THERE ARE CERTAINLY NO DYING SEASONS NOR ARROWS OF AGONIES ON HERE! HEATHEN, GET ON IT*

* IT being RECORDING THE ALBUM AND OBLITERATING THE REST OF THE SO CALLED "COMEBACKS" BY VARIOUS THRASH BANDS

I'm not surprised, I thought "Tempo of the Damned" was far too fucking full of groove shit as well. It had the title track, Impaler, War is My Shepherd and then a bunch of chugga bullshit.

Erik said:
I'm not surprised, I thought "Tempo of the Damned" was far too fucking full of groove shit as well. It had the title track, Impaler, War is My Shepherd and then a bunch of chugga bullshit.

Man, that title track was so fucking awesome. This has some great parts as well...eh, I'm only close to the end of track 2, we'll see.

Erik said:

Isn't he in both bands now?