New Exodus...WOW

Rozy157

Insert cheesy quote here
Oct 23, 2003
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
I was skimming through Headbanger's Ball on my Tivo tonight (I typically scan through 80% of the screamo crap) and came across a gem: The new Exodus song "Now Thy Death Day Come." I'll admit, I don't think I've ever really listened to Exodus in the past, but this song KICKS ASS. It has some of the most kick ass crunchy riffs I've heard in ages. It reminds me of the old Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, etc. where you get 4 songs worth of great riffs in one song. Anyway, I might have to pick up the disc if the rest of the CD is as good as this. Paul Bostaph is drumming for them now I guess, and you can really tell.

Anyway, when I find something that kicks ass I like to share. You can watch the video here: http://www.exodusattack.com/.

It's worth watching just for the girl in the white angel costume, let alone the riffs. WOW.

Cheers

Rozy157 said:
I was skimming through Headbanger's Ball on my Tivo tonight (I typically scan through 80% of the screamo crap) and came across a gem: The new Exodus song "Now Thy Death Day Come." I'll admit, I don't think I've ever really listened to Exodus in the past, but this song KICKS ASS. It has some of the most kick ass crunchy riffs I've heard in ages. It reminds me of the old Anthrax, Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, etc. where you get 4 songs worth of great riffs in one song. Anyway, I might have to pick up the disc if the rest of the CD is as good as this. Paul Bostaph is drumming for them now I guess, and you can really tell.

Anyway, when I find something that kicks ass I like to share. You can watch the video here: http://www.exodusattack.com/.

It's worth watching just for the girl in the white angel costume, let alone the riffs. WOW.

Cheers

EXODUS never stopped playing REAL THRASH METAL. I suggest u buy this cd and also pick Tempo Of The Damned (their previous one) if only of course u like old Anthrax, Metallica as u have previously stated. I guarantee that u wont waste your money.

Cool, sounds like someone has gotten a The Haunted-influence! I´ll buy their new album. I liked the last one a lot and they are a solid live-band (I suppose this line-up is too). Thanks for posting!

ok, but just for the record, the haunted didn't influence exodus, exodus have been around waaay longer than them, and gary's riffs have always been the staple of exodus' music since day 1.
Also, if anything, the haunted would've been influenced by exodus back in the day when they were at the gates.

etlgfx said:
ok, but just for the record, the haunted didn't influence exodus, exodus have been around waaay longer than them, and gary's riffs have always been the staple of exodus' music since day 1.
Also, if anything, the haunted would've been influenced by exodus back in the day when they were at the gates.

Well, duh...
:loco:

It´s just that the riffs in that song might as well be from "One Kill Wonder". But it´s true. I haven´t asked any of the Haunted-guys aboutit or read it but Exodus must have been a pretty big influence on ATG and The H.

prime666 said:
Its a great album but the lyrics could have been written by a 13 year old.

Gary IS a 13 year old at heart. One more reason to like this band.

I don't know where you people have been, I have not shut up about how much better Exodus is then most other current thrash acts and no one listens... Anyway, yeah, pick up the new one AND "tempo." I highly recomend them for any fan of thrash.

Thrillho said:

I don't know where you people have been, I have not shut up about how much better Exodus is then most other current thrash acts and no one listens... Anyway, yeah, pick up the new one AND "tempo." I highly recomend them for any fan of thrash.
true, but lyrics are one of the key points for me in a song. Some of you guitarists dig on the "riff" me its the melody and lyrical content but there is no doubt in my mind that the guitar work on the record is amazing.

Thrillho said:
Or not to. I've heard one song and it did kick ass. I usually don't pay attention to lyrics unless they're really stupid or crappy, so I'll give this record a try.

I really liked the new album. In fact, it has become a recent favourite. I'll definetly buy it (as soon as I have geld). My favaourite song is Karmas Massenger.

Shovel Headed Kill Machine!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

You know, I would not really call their lyrics "childish." They are at least singing about some relevent issues (our fucked up government, priest molesting little boys, etc). Some bands just fucking scream shit and they call it singing.