Exodus

the_walking_dude

follow me or die!!!
Mar 5, 2003
Glasgow
Finally got round to buying the new exodus album and what a delight it is. The production is excellent compared to previous albums. Tom Huntings drumming sounds so meaty and the guitar riffs are heavy and ferocious. My fav song is scar spangled banner. I see kirk knicked the riff for trapped under ice from impaler. What are other ppls views on this album? Just need MMA and a new testament album now!!!!

Time to crack open a swally and drink to the return of thrash legends

efter troops

the_walking_dude said:
Finally got round to buying the new exodus album and what a delight it is. The production is excellent compared to previous albums. Tom Huntings drumming sounds so meaty and the guitar riffs are heavy and ferocious. My fav song is scar spangled banner. I see kirk knicked the riff for trapped under ice from impaler. What are other ppls views on this album? Just need MMA and a new testament album now!!!!

Time to crack open a swally and drink to the return of thrash legends

efter troops

This doesn't come out in the states till March 9th (My birthday) I will be getting that and the new Dropkick Murphy DVD, but I have downloaded the new Exodus, I have listened to about 4-5 songs so far, I reall like it and I will hve to say it is a combination of Flesh & Disaster.

yeah it is a combo of both. the production is excellent. They are a lot of really heavy riffs, some sound pantera like. its a def must buy

dutchy said:
is it like fabulous or like flesh??
It's pure straight up metal, awesome riffs, great drums and Zetro sounds like he is posessed!
I have a vinyl copy coming from NB germany.
Go get it dutchy.

BTW. Are you going to any festivals this summer? I might be on my way to Wacken. It would rule to hook up and drink some heinekeins!!

@Moskinstein!!
only plans that are made for this summer is a trip to the US/Orlando/Miami.
I'm def. not gonna be on Wacken it's too metal orientated for me but I heard Trax and Death Angel will be there and they are gonna kick some major german ass!!!
Maybe we go for Waldrock festival, it ruled last year with Maiden and Trax.
Hope I can get some Warped tour when I'm in US. If you like hardcore check out Good Riddance, you wanna dance and rock at the same time : TRAVOLTAS!!!!

btw: Heinekens any time!!!!!whenever come to Holland let me know!!!Where you from??

I bought it last week... and I´m happy with it... It didn´t give me a hard-on but it´s very good indeed. And yes, DO BELIVE THE HYPE! Hunolt and the guys said they were doing an old-school thrash reccord and that´s what they did! Finally someone who stick to their promise! (Megadeth, Sucktallica... and so on... we remember what you said).

Hunting does an excellent job behind the kit!

dutchy If you like hardcore check out Good Riddance[/QUOTE said:
Dutchy glad you mention Punk and Hardcore, It was a big influence on Thrash just like Maiden and Priest were. I dig old GBH, Broken Bones, DRI and OC\LA punk bands like DI and Black Flagg.

dutchy said:
@Moskinstein!!
only plans that are made for this summer is a trip to the US/Orlando/Miami.
I'm def. not gonna be on Wacken it's too metal orientated for me but I heard Trax and Death Angel will be there and they are gonna kick some major german ass!!!
Maybe we go for Waldrock festival, it ruled last year with Maiden and Trax.
Hope I can get some Warped tour when I'm in US. If you like hardcore check out Good Riddance, you wanna dance and rock at the same time : TRAVOLTAS!!!!

btw: Heinekens any time!!!!!whenever come to Holland let me know!!!Where you from??

I am from Suomi/Finland PERKELE, and always up for some HC!!

Never heard of Good riddance or travoltas but I deff. will have to check them out.

dutchy said:
damn right!!you got the vinyls????
No but my wifes got the Vandals somewhere :)

Yeah have some vinyl though, mostly DI, GBH, Broken Bones and the English Dogs. Might have some DRI too. The records have done some emigrating thru the years. :Spin:

DarbysDad said:
No but my wifes got the Vandals somewhere :)

Yeah have some vinyl though, mostly DI, GBH, Broken Bones and the English Dogs. Might have some DRI too. The records have done some emigrating thru the years. :Spin:
vandals are cool , seen them last year on a small stage , you just can ask the singer everthing during the show , he's responding to everything, and that Warren guy, at the end of the show he stood buttnaked on the bar on the other side of the stage, he's nuts!!!
Too bad Josh Freese wasn't there , they had a substitute drummer!

I have DRI's dealing with it on vinyl!

I looked for the new Exodus today and coudn't find it. Tried Best Buy, Media Play, and 2 mall music stores and nothing. Guess I'll try to find it online.