New Fear Factory Video

look around you. it's only him agreeing with this thread. And if the majority would agree, it would be wrong anyway.
Guys like you make people won't come and stay here. They want to discuss katatonia and what do they see? Look for your self. I have a lot of friends that thinks just like me, and that makes them passive to this forum. I make it, but it's enoying anyway.... damnit.

Varg- said:
look around you. it's only him agreeing with this thread. And if the majority would agree, it would be wrong anyway.
Guys like you make people won't come and stay here. They want to discuss katatonia and what do they see? Look for your self. I have a lot of friends that thinks just like me, and that makes them passive to this forum. I make it, but it's enoying anyway.... damnit.
Ok, i don't get why you feel that you have to try to be the authoritarian or watchdog of the Katatonia Forum. I've seen people like you come here before trying to make this ALL KATATONIA ALL THE TIME. That would be nice and all but visit any forum here and it's not hard to see that not one forum is about the particular band 100% of the time. There have been off topic threads here in the past and there are some still on the first page here. Why don't people post here that often makes me wonder. If you are trying to push them into conforming what you THINK should be proper etiquette then it's a small wonder noone really posts anything because someone like you will always try to argue the validity of the post/thread. I've been here a while and it still amazes me that this particular board always attracts the purist type of mentality. Let's use an example shall we? Ok, let's say you LOVE vanilla ice cream. Now do you want to always eat the ice cream just as it is? Or do you sometimes like to have hot fudge on it, or nuts, or caramel, or fruit, etc...? Don't come at me with your nonsense either Varg-. I've seen you post here recently enough to to know you are pushy, you seem to think you are the only one with a valid opinion unless others agree with what you say. You called someone a teenager in another thread, you called someone else a kid in this thread when you are only 18 or 19 yourself. Get over yourself man and loosen up, do you think Katatonia live only KATATONIA all the time? I should hope not, there is a new Bloodbath coming out soon, before you try to say anything ridiculous. Relax, lighten up and loosen up and you as well as everyone else will have a much pleasurable visit to this forum.

Dark Chapter, it would be foolish of me to think that I could force you to do something, change your ways... I am not. I just express my opinions. I allways do, about anyting. It's just my instinct. Since I allways do this, I know and accept that people don't share my opinions, trust me. But there are times when there is right and wrong. I mean, what do you think if everyone here would start threads about what they like, and would like to share? Would you like that? Noone would. Many guys does, and if they have the right to do it, then everybody has. But I guess we all agree if everyone here would start at thread about their band, interests and what they listen to, it would be chaos. That's why there are certain rules, actions that are right and wrong. You gotta realize that man... There are hundreds of guys reading this forum but never says anything, maybe never even read because of this, and I think I speak for them, along with some guys here who has allready expressed their opinions, when I say; stop making self-centered, egoistisc threads in katatonias official forum!

Varg- said:
Guys like you make people won't come and stay here. They want to discuss katatonia and what do they see? Look for your self.
Excuse me? Now you're actually blaming me, but I can tell you I haven't been going off topic a single time. I'm just saying you shouldn't mind others doing it cos it happens in every forum and it'll always be like that.

Dark Chapter said:
Ok, i don't get why you feel that you have to try to be the authoritarian or watchdog of the Katatonia Forum. I've seen people like you come here before trying to make this ALL KATATONIA ALL THE TIME. That would be nice and all but visit any forum here and it's not hard to see that not one forum is about the particular band 100% of the time. There have been off topic threads here in the past and there are some still on the first page here. Why don't people post here that often makes me wonder. If you are trying to push them into conforming what you THINK should be proper etiquette then it's a small wonder noone really posts anything because someone like you will always try to argue the validity of the post/thread. I've been here a while and it still amazes me that this particular board always attracts the purist type of mentality. Let's use an example shall we? Ok, let's say you LOVE vanilla ice cream. Now do you want to always eat the ice cream just as it is? Or do you sometimes like to have hot fudge on it, or nuts, or caramel, or fruit, etc...? Don't come at me with your nonsense either Varg-. I've seen you post here recently enough to to know you are pushy, you seem to think you are the only one with a valid opinion unless others agree with what you say. You called someone a teenager in another thread, you called someone else a kid in this thread when you are only 18 or 19 yourself. Get over yourself man and loosen up, do you think Katatonia live only KATATONIA all the time? I should hope not, there is a new Bloodbath coming out soon, before you try to say anything ridiculous. Relax, lighten up and loosen up and you as well as everyone else will have a much pleasurable visit to this forum.
:worship:

Varg- said:
Dark Chapter, it would be foolish of me to think that I could force you to do something, change your ways... I am not. I just express my opinions. I allways do, about anyting. It's just my instinct. Since I allways do this, I know and accept that people don't share my opinions, trust me.
I'm glad you realize this but that is the way you come across, that you are right and yours is the only valid opinion. Perhaps it is poor choice of words on your part but you can't be entirely faulted for that seeing as English is not native to you. Speaking your mind should be done as well as encouraged to all but along with the giving and receiving of mutual respect.

Varg- said:
But there are times when there is right and wrong. I mean, what do you think if everyone here would start threads about what they like, and would like to share? Would you like that? Noone would. Many guys does, and if they have the right to do it, then everybody has.
People should do so i think so the forum would not be as stagnant as it is. This has always been a slow forum except when people bring other things to the table other than Katatonia. I love Katatonia as you do but there's comes a point where there just isn't much to say about them until we are presented with news of some sort as to what they are doing related to the music or whatever. Thins have been slow except we know Bloodbath is very active and they are getting things done there to release an album. Also don't say that NOONE would like people to share, you cannot take it upon yourself to speak on behalf of the entire forum.

Varg- said:
But I guess we all agree if everyone here would start at thread about their band, interests and what they listen to, it would be chaos.
I don't agree, it would be more lively, interesting or informative of other things not just strictly Katatonia, Bloodbath or Diabolical Masquerade. We all can't and won't like the same things. If you see something you don't like or whatever, it's much easier for you to skip and ignore the thread rather than clicking it then reading whatever posts are within it. Don't blame your own lack of objectivity upon others please.

Which rules? For this Forum? the only "rule" that is posted in the FAQ is not a rule but a "Guideline". And it is: Welcome everyone to the Katatonia forum! We encourage lively discussions and questions on all things related to the band.
This is only a guidline and states that they ENCOURAGE questions and discussions about the band and not that that remain the sole purpose of the forum.
Varg- do not presume to assume what others want or think. They have their own minds and can make decisions for themselves. If they want to speak up then they will. If they don't, they won't. Let them make up their own minds. Also pardon me if i seem rude when i say this but to me it seems like you're the only one who's being self-centered and egotistical then trying to condemn others for it *shrug*

Yeah... and well. You don't agree. You think everybody should start a thread about themselves here, or at least you say you think that. I know that you're alone with that opinion. I tried to make you understand what it would be like, but since you seem more interested in the ppls lives here, we cannot discuss. However, you're irelevant...

Varg- said:
Yeah... and well. You don't agree. You think everybody should start a thread about themselves here, or at least you say you think that. I know that you're alone with that opinion. I tried to make you understand what it would be like, but since you seem more interested in the ppls lives here, we cannot discuss. However, you're irelevant...
I did not express that i thought eveyone should start a thred about themselves, i merely do not care if they do and don't speak out against them doing so. Freedom of choice and all ya know? Bringing a sense of companionship/friendship by connecting to what other people feel passionate about as well. That is all. I'm more interested in people having a good time instead of constantly trying to dodge attacks brought abuot by people like you when you act like you know everything there should be to know about Katatonia and their forum. It's a ridiculous idea if you ask me. You say we cannot discuss, and the reason would be why? Because you just can't let reason overcome your passion? Again ridiculous. I don't mind being irrelevant to you because your display of attitude does not warrant my concern about your personal feelings of me. Seems to me you are having some difficulty grasping certain ideas which i can only attribute to your lack of life experience and the language barrier to an extent i would guess. Respect and you will be respected.

Varg- said:
stop making self-centered, egoistisc threads in katatonias official forum!
Hear hear!
But don't enforce any rules that you think are good for the forum. I don't have to dance for you when you tell me to, making a thread about what you moves could be good for the liveability of this forum. Restraining rules however makes me think that this is a Mc donalds restaurant where only can be talked about the quality (ahum) of the big mac. I also like to eat at Burgerking..

NP Death - Zero Tolerance

danus, well, as we say in Sweden;
Your taste is like your butt - devided.
Means; Our opinions differs.

Dark Chapter. Freedom of choice? So you mean it would be a democratic crime, not being allowed to create a thread about shit on a bands official forum? Stop bullshiting me. Anyway.... thanks for developing your opinion. The thing is that I'm not here to make friends, though it would be nice, but not making friends discussing shit. I think the real thing is that I'm disappointed with the lack of katatonia-threads, not bothered by all the shit-threads. I think you guys should spend more time at the real threads. I would for example like to discuss more about the interesting and deep things, like concept for the albums... that requires intelligence though ;)

Varg- said:
danus, well, as we say in Sweden;
Your taste is like your butt - devided.
Means; Our opinions differs.

Dark Chapter. Freedom of choice? So you mean it would be a democratic crime, not being allowed to create a thread about shit on a bands official forum? Stop bullshiting me. Anyway.... thanks for developing your opinion. The thing is that I'm not here to make friends, though it would be nice, but not making friends discussing shit. I think the real thing is that I'm disappointed with the lack of katatonia-threads, not bothered by all the shit-threads. I think you guys should spend more time at the real threads. I would for example like to discuss more about the interesting and deep things, like concept for the albums... that requires intelligence though ;)
Stop trying to put words in my mouth, it would not be a crime, against democracy or otherwise to not be able to start threads about anything. Other bands, life in generals, books, tv, movies, games, etc. It allows for more interaction amongst the board members. I cannot believe how short sighted you are concerning this. From recent observations your friend making isn't going all that well. I'm not here to make friends, if i do great, but that is not my main concern. All i seek is information and maybe i will post occasionally. If you're disappointed in the lack of Katatonia threads, then stop wasting all your time posting in threads you don't like. Damn is it that difficult? You would expend less energy on things you don't like and more on those that you do. You want to discuss concepts for albums? Do as you please i could care less about that where as you TRY to find concepts in albums that simply are not there as stated by Jonas himself. Yes there are common threads and such but that doesn't create a concept. Additionally trying to make something out of nothing (your propensity to keep insisting that there are concepts in their albums) does not require intelligence but an over active imagination. Nor was i insulted by your little innuendo just in case you were wondering :D

Gah.... I have started several katatonia threads, but I guess the most of the ppl here only have heard viva emptiness and never studied the lyrics. That's why my threads arn't any usefull. For me that has studied everything they've done so hard, I'm maybe not usefull to this forum. I mean..... nah, fuck it. This forum could just be so good.... but let's waste it. I tried by expressing my opinions.... well, do what you want...

Varg- said:
Gah.... I have started several katatonia threads, but I guess the most of the ppl here only have heard viva emptiness and never studied the lyrics. That's why my threads arn't any usefull. For me that has studied everything they've done so hard, I'm maybe not usefull to this forum. I mean..... nah, fuck it. This forum could just be so good.... but let's waste it. I tried by expressing my opinions.... well, do what you want...
Yes i know you have and you have to take in to consideration that most people have not heard all of their albums like you or i. Some of those that have heard them don't like them all for one reason or another. It's not your fault that your threads weren't useful as you say. I read them but didn't reply since i didn't feel i had anything to add. Maybe others feel the same way, who knows. You try and you should keep trying until you are successful! Yes i agree that this forum could be great but it's always been relatively slow but maybe one day it won't be that way anymore.:D Hang in there and treat others as you would like to be treated. I'm glad to have spoken to you though regardless of the outcome. Maybe we'll be friends, maybe not, take it easy.:Spin:

This is good shit. I could read this shit every day and be entertained forever. Everyone has A POINT. Bravo, bravo....
Anyway if you guys would please keep arguing it would be fine with me. I hav'nt had a chuckle like that in awhile. I dont care for Fear Factory, and there is a part of me that is saying "fuck fear factory, I dont want to hear about that shit." And then there is a part of me that says "who cares if someone wants to post about something that I could care less about."
And then there is a part of me thats going " this is the best arguement I have heard in awhile, this is great.HAHA." And I laugh about it because in the end it is trivial to me.
In the end though I really do like that Varg (and myself) wants to be more active in things relating to Katatonia, that is why were here right? We must be able to come up with something to talk about concerning them eh?
Everyone has a point, I guess mine is that I dont care. Ill talk with Varg (and a few others) about Katatonia and the rest of you who want to discuss other bands or your dog or whatever the fuck you want to talk about on THE OFFICIAL KATATONIA FORUM thats cool too. I get what I need from this forum either way. :)
By the way I did watch the Fear Factory vid, it sounded like fear factory, looked like fear factory. In fact I think it was fear factory, and then I remembered that I dont like fear factory that much.
Live on, live on.