New Finntroll Song Posted Online!!!

-Gavin-

Gavornator
Jul 21, 2003
Oulu, Finland
FINNTROLL To Enter Studio In November, Demo Preview Posted Online - Sep. 25, 2003

FINNTROLL will enter Sundicoop Studio in Savonlinna, Finland in November to begin recording their new album, tentatively due in the spring.

"At this point we have 30 minutes of material," said keyboardist Trollhorn. The music is the best we've ever made, as usual. Combining the melodies of 'Jaktens Tid', the rawness and sheer maliciousness from 'Midnattens' and the epicness of 'Visor om Slutet', it should be a killer. Lyrics will be in Swedish, as usual, and no English will be used. Joik? We don't know yet. Acoustics? Some. Banjo? Yes.

"This time we want a bit more 'meaner' sound, so expect some downtuned guitars and say goodbye [to the] power metal production."

A two-and-a-half-minute demo "preview" of the new material has been posted online in MP3 format at this location.

"There are many melodies included in that 'mix' as I wanted it to be something people will remember when they wait for the album," Trollhorn said of the clip. "But I also included some grim parts there, too, as we're definitely going more evil on the next album. Wait and hear!!!"

Regarding the "singing" parts included in the demo preview, Trollhorn said, "[current FINNTROLL frontman Tapio Wilska] does not 'sing' in those couple of seconds, it is yours truly, who is definitely NOT going to do anything like that to the next album. Basically I have only screeched into the tracks if I have had the lyrics ready to get and give the complete picture.

"And for those who wanted 'more vocals': Many of the parts you hear [in this clip] are supposed to include vocals, but these demos do not include vocals except for the two tracks there are included."

FINNTROLL guitarist Teemu "Somnium" Raimoranta died in March from injuries sustained in an accidental fall he took while intoxicated. The group's last release — an "acoustic/experimental" CD titled "Visor Om Slutet" — was their first to feature Wilska.

song is here.

1.44mb

http://personal.inet.fi/taide/finntroll2/Finnhits.mp3

:headbang:

Its fucking awesome

Reactions: Torgoth