MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
This sucks.

From Blabbermouth.net:

"FINNTROLL Guitarist Passes Away At Age 25 - Mar. 16, 2003
FINNTROLL/IMPALED NAZARENE guitarist Teemu "Somnium" Raimoranta died this morning in Finland at the age of 25. A message posted on FINNTROLL's official web site states simply, "Our dear friend and guitar player passed away on Sunday morning. This is a extremely heavy blow for us and everyone who ever knew this man. We hope that fans and the public won't speculate, more information will be available when things calm down."

FINNTROLL recently completed work on an "acoustic/experimental" CD, titled "Visor Om Slutet" (the group's first with new singer Tapio Wilska), and were set to embark on a European tour next month with KATATONIA. It is not presently clear if the band will proceed with their touring plans in light of Somnium's passing.

In a March 14 posting to the band's official forum, Somnium addressed fans' concerns that the group were moving too far away from their early sound.

"I'm pretty touched by the fact that you're worried about our 'style' getting less trollish," he wrote. "We'd be trollish as hell even if we'd start wearing only straps or sumtin'... From my point of view the trollish style is about not giving a FUCK what other people think of your style, you guys included..."

We would like to extend our sincere condolences to Somnium's family and friends. May he rest in peace."

Royal Carnage also extends our grief, sorrow and best wishes to the family and friends of Somnium. RIP.

aw shit. That fucking sucks, man. Only 25! Just one day....you know?

May he rest in peace knowing his music was thoroughly enjoyed by me, among others.

That is very sad. He was only 25... how horrible and depressing. Life is so unpredicatable.

RIP