New Forbidden song now on MySpace!!!

Steve Smyth

Lead Axe
Feb 27, 2002
Earth
www.stevesmyth.com
Hey Everybody,

Just a quick note to let you know our new song, Adapt or Die, has been posted on the Forbidden myspace: www.myspace.com/forbidden__evil

*This is just a little sample of what's to come, and the band decided now is the time to let you all in on what we've been working on this year.

Go check it out and tell us what you think!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

finally managed to listen to it and... the song is great!:kickass::kickass:
did you write anything in this song?

can't wait to hear more of the new stuff!

Mary

Right on, glad to hear you like it!

Mary, I didn't write the song, but of course solos and second guitar contributions, and a few arrangement ideas of mine stuck in there as well.

There's more on the way, but for now, enjoy this one, as it's the first material from Forbidden in 13 years, and we're at work on more!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Steve, the song kicks serious ass!! Dare I say it's even better than Adapt or Die! The clean guitar parts really add punch to the tune and Russ' voice is in top form. Great job! It seems that lirically you guys are pushing some political buttons there and even though I don't fully agree with it, this is metal and it should be enjoyed as such! :) :saint:

I am glad you joined the band and I can't wait for the album to come out!! Forbidden 2010...now that's a winning ticket!!:headbang:

Hey right on guys, thanks for the feedback, we do appreciate it! Musically speaking, I'm pretty happy with what we've done on these 2 songs, but bear in mind these are only demos; they're as far as we've gotten them to the point where we went in to record them, see how they sound, have you guys tell us what you think. Right now, we're in the middle of writing a ton of new stuff, and I'm pushing myself very hard on these new songs with Craig and the guys, trying to get the best out of me that I can give, and (hopefully) "lighting a fire" where it's needed in others as well. It's going to push some buttons lyrically, and not everyone is expected to agree with what we're saying, but if it at least gets you thinking about the other side of current events, then we're doing what we set out to do!
Stay tuned!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

The music, I love... the lyrics... not so much. They go against my leftist sensibilities. I don't really think it's fair to go dissing Obama when he hasn't even been in office a year... it's hard to change a country in just a few months, and if he's restored people's faith in politics and given people some hope well I don't see that that's a bad thing that people should snap out of... this song rubs me up the wrong way slightly, which is difficult for me when it's my favourite thrash band's new material which I'm really excited about. I'd prefer it if political views were kept out of things, otherwise it can seem a bit too propagandist and alienate a bunch of potential fans... A shame, because musically the song is absolutely killer...

Hey Caveman,

I hear you, and understand what you're saying, and will politely decline to comment on this out of respect for others who might have similar beliefs as you, or others that hold the same beliefs as the lyrics suggest, but there is one defining point to the lyrics here; it made you think, and react, right? That's metal my brother!

:):headbang::headbang::headbang:

The music, I love... the lyrics... not so much. They go against my leftist sensibilities. I don't really think it's fair to go dissing Obama when he hasn't even been in office a year... it's hard to change a country in just a few months, and if he's restored people's faith in politics and given people some hope well I don't see that that's a bad thing that people should snap out of... this song rubs me up the wrong way slightly, which is difficult for me when it's my favourite thrash band's new material which I'm really excited about. I'd prefer it if political views were kept out of things, otherwise it can seem a bit too propagandist and alienate a bunch of potential fans... A shame, because musically the song is absolutely killer...
You still feel that way? :rolleyes: