New full metalcore song for you to mix!!

felipe-x

Dec 7, 2004
santiago, chile
hello dudes!

this is a proyect i did some time ago for this Chilean metalcore band, did 3 songs...

guitars are my peavey triple x, bass is galien krueguer with d112, vocals AT 3035, everything recorded into protools with digi 002.

here you have the full session for you to practice.

the zip is 274mb and the ssesion is 660 unzipped.

the session is for cubase/nuendo users... the session is ready to load!

so have fun!

http://depositfiles.com/files/ymqjynzzt

and here is the full song without mix

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=MnFqaXRITmEyWGZIRGc9PQ

and this was the setup for guitars.... we used the peavey triple x at the end!

Damn. I used up my limit by downloading some other files from df a while back.

Be back soon!

U also still have a DL/UL limit? I thought Belgium people were the only one left on the planet :heh:
I have 30 GB limit/month which is okay since I don't download that much, but still it sucks because I'd download a shitload of movies if I didn't have the limit.

What tempo and time signature is this in Felipe? Both guitars and drums have some timing issues that I'll need to look into, once I get the tempo.

I knocked out a quick mix in PT but either there's some fairly big timing problems or the wave files don't all start at 0:00! I fixed a few thing manually but there's still issues... the guitar sound is awesome though, and the vox are very good too!

Steve.

All the files _seemed_ to start from the same place so I didn't bother trying to work it out :)

Here's what I came up with though - http://supra.stevemoore.tv/mixing/X-Session.mp3 ... Apologies for the band for posting something with suspect timing but as long as every is aware that it's likely my fault - or some at least some sort of "trying to import a Nuendo project into ProTools" problem :) - then they should be fine. Took about an hour to do, some of it whilst nursing one of my 10 week old daughters! :)

I _love_ that guitar sound... we're about to record our second album, playing with an X3Live/PodFarm and Eleven, but that just blows them both away. Pity I'd have to buy a whole rake of gear that I'd never get past the wife. Ack.

Anyways, check it out - no samples or replacing, just stock Digi EQ and comp, verb and delay... and Ozone on the 2bus. Loudness wars FTW! ;)

Steve.

sorry guys!

dont remember the tempo!

yes some files are out of tempo... like the clean chorus, just move it forward and so on...

about the guitars, on the finished ep, they are fixed in the other pc i have for mixing... to lazy to go there now :D

in the cubase sesison i put on the zip there isn`t so much trouble with the tempo... almost nothing just on gtrs at the end...

cheers!

All the files _seemed_ to start from the same place so I didn't bother trying to work it out :)

Here's what I came up with though - http://supra.stevemoore.tv/mixing/X-Session.mp3 ... Apologies for the band for posting something with suspect timing but as long as every is aware that it's likely my fault - or some at least some sort of "trying to import a Nuendo project into ProTools" problem :) - then they should be fine. Took about an hour to do, some of it whilst nursing one of my 10 week old daughters! :)

I _love_ that guitar sound... we're about to record our second album, playing with an X3Live/PodFarm and Eleven, but that just blows them both away. Pity I'd have to buy a whole rake of gear that I'd never get past the wife. Ack.

Anyways, check it out - no samples or replacing, just stock Digi EQ and comp, verb and delay... and Ozone on the 2bus. Loudness wars FTW! ;)

Steve.

let me know if you need help with the mix/reamp trough PM

that mix sounds super overcompressed!

The drums has some really cool rolls but I think the timing is totally fucked up.
Anyone try to put it to the grid? It's very hard also with BD.
I don't understand if the first blast beat is a tupa tupa or if the kick is played togheter with the snare in every hit

Yeah, I figured out eventually that it was 230bpm, thanks anyway C_F_H_13! I tried quantizing the drums and then got fed up with it, as they're quite a bit out. I think there's timing issues with the guitars too, especially on one of the later riffs where the harmonics on the left and right guitars don't match up, and it's not a matter of just nudging one of them, unless you start nudging individual riffs. Who knows, maybe I'll get bored later on and edit the shit out of this and try and get it all to line up, just makes the mix less enjoyable if there's an awful lot of editing/nudging involved.

in the cubase sesison i put on the zip there isn`t so much trouble with the tempo... almost nothing just on gtrs at the end...

Can someone check this, and if they do line up pretty well, give us all an idea of where to place the tracks, or re-consolidate the tracks so they're in time?