New GOD FORBID, Gone Forever, = Killer

Feb 12, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Anyone heard it yet? Awesome release by these guys, they have improved a ton since their last record. Their twin guitar attack could be straight off a classic Dark Tranquility or In Flames record. They are also one of the few bands that can get clean vocal parts 'right' without being cheesy.

An early contender for Album of 2004 imo

I do not thing they softened up at all. The only thing that improved is their clean vocal parts, and the production is better. They are still very heavy, and no one better even think about using the 'N' word.

BlessedAreTheSick said:
Anyone heard it yet? Awesome release by these guys, they have improved a ton since their last record. Their twin guitar attack could be straight off a classic Dark Tranquility or In Flames record. They are also one of the few bands that can get clean vocal parts 'right' without being cheesy.

An early contender for Album of 2004 imo
Yeah that's why I hate their new album. I downloaded some songs and I was very dissappointed. Sounds like shitty clone Gothenburg metal like In Flames. They're concentrating on making friendly Gothenburg melodies with metalcore which I just hate. In the past, they had some Gothenburg melodies into their sound but they did it in a way which wasn't repetitive and over the top. And don't get me started on those annoying clean vocals... They had originality and aggression on their past albums but now they sound like any other shitty melo-death/Gothenburg wannabe metalcore band.