New Gojira song featuring Devin Townsend and Fredrik Thorendal

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
God fuckin' damn. This band just gets better and better :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it. I've said this before and I'll say it again, but I do wish Thordendal would get at least a little more than a small solo in there... given what he's capable of. Sure it'd not be a Gojira song as much but the more crazy Thordendal shit the better <3

The harmonic'y sounding riff in the middle of the song is something unique and pretty badass. These guys make music interesting and know how to create atmosphere.

love it. that first riff is monumental. really simplistic but fucking earth shattering, especially in that subtly polyrhythmic context.

can't wait for this ep.

This. One of their best traits. The lumbering feeling of impending devastation they create is so awesome.

"impending devastation" stole the words right from my mind.

these guys are indeed really good at that, and i feel the majority of bands don't know how the create that "atmosphere" and there are very few bands I can think of that really portray in their music, what they are feeling. Seems many just overlay lyrics over something that sounds cool.

The ability to create that atmosphere and evoke feelings you want to from your listener IMO, is something you're born with, not something you can learn. You either have it, or you don't.

edit: not trying to take this on a tangent. sorry. album is badass. nuff said.