New Gojira Streaming

Yeah, Randy, who got his ass kicked by his own bassist.

I am liking this album more and more as I listen to it. I liked it at first, then I lost a bit of interest when I realized that the album was sort of creatively lacking. They've become comfortable with their sound, and thus shortened things and focused a bit writing better 'songs.' It still sounds more 'Roadrunner' than any of their previous albums--there are more Hatebreed riffs on this one than ever before....

Also, I think the production is just too modern for them; I really liked the raw drum sounds sounds of their first two. Mario's a great drummer, and the huge sampled snare doesn't do his style justice in my opinion, especially when he does his 'minimal-floating' beat which I loved so much on previous albums.

The new one is just so much safer than previous albums. But it is growing on me now, even though it's still probably my least favorite Gojira album. So far.

The MP3s are indeed mislabeled. Track 6 is actually "All the Tears" and track 7 is "Adoration for None" which has Randy from Lamb of God doing guest vocals. I rather like his voice on that song, but it worries me that they won't play it live now. It'd be an excellent song to hear live.

Ok, now that I'm listening to this record on a good pair of headphones, I can say that whoever mixed this record deserves an award for this damned guitar tone!

It sounds like fucking MEAT.

Steak.jpg

As much as the whole production job seems disappointingly more "modern" as it was put, I'd day the guitar tone is vastly improved and sounds so wonderful. My main fault with the last album is that the guitars could've been heavier, as there were portions where it sounded like they tried to fatten them out to the point where it just got "airy" with reverb or what have you.

Yeah, I agree. To an extent... if you listen closely to FMTS, the guitar has this top end fizz to them, which is especially apparent when they do big thick JUNs (which they, of course love to do). It's a little odd, but I don't think it necessarily sounds BAD. At the very least, those guitars had a personality to them.

Sort of like how the production to Lamb of God's first album is technically awful, but I love it cause its so unique and has so much character. And I'd rather spend time with a interesting and totally cute girl than a mind numbingly hot retard.