Gojira

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
Holy shit this band is awesome! It's takes a real impressive band to get me to start threads about them, but it was a no-brainer with these guys.

http://www.myspace.com/gojira

Disgustingly heavy and very original. Throughout the whole album, I never knew what they might do next. I haven't been this stoked on a cd on the first listen for a long time and it rules!!

GOJIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's your guys fave tracks so far?
Mine's Remembrace, In the wilderness, In the forest,
Flying whales, Backbone, Embrace the world,
Inward movement, Lizard skin...... well the list goes on and on...

saw them live nearly two months ago... I mean, holy shit!
That was like... umm, I probably died there.

MajestikMøøse said:
Heard about these guys what, a year ago or so?

Still haven't checked them out because I'm lame like that.

yes

+ people have a tendency to listen to really crappy music, so odds are in my favor if I avoid!

editing to say: THE POLITICALLY CORRECT COMMENT SHOULD READ "people have a tendency on UM to enjoy music which I find worthless to my ears!!"

I've been into these guys for a long time. The music is pretty interesting and the ethos of the band and lyrics fascinate me too.

Thing is, they're french...

I don't like listening to bands on myspace, it usually ends up not working or something.

Someone get some yousendits going in this thread

derek said:
I've been into these guys for a long time. The music is pretty interesting and the ethos of the band and lyrics fascinate me too.

Thing is, they're french...
Yes, this is a quality band for sure. I'd never heard of them until receiving From Mars to Sirius. I had no idea they have 2 albums (and a live DVD) before it. I really like the ethos as well and their lyrics are very interesting.

I need to hear these other albums as well, but not until I absorb FMTS a bit more.

Bump because I still can't get enough of these guys.

Favorite band ever? They're getting there, quickly ;)

I'm starting to listen to them a bit more, I just found out about them when I saw them live and they're pretty good