New Gojira

So much yes. And new Katatonia is out today. What a damn fine Friday to be alive!

I think it is a lot different from what they previously did. That new style could probably be aired on commercial radio. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it's just to point how different it is.

It's one of those songs that I would enjoy enough to not change the channel when it plays on the radio (or even raise the volume, since most of what plays on the radio is crap), yet I would not buy the album.

It's simple and catchy, makes sense why people would like it.

I now listened to the whole album. Puuuh difficult thing. I have to admit that I'm quite disappointed. For me the songs are just too short and simple. The big headbanger moments I was used to from Gojira are just missing most of the time. Not to speak of those pointless instrumentals :(

I like it so far. I needed to listen a couple times. i think my and many of others expectations were more related to their old stuff. production wise it´s top notch! its sounds so big and roomy but not muddy or cluttered but it wont top the way of all flesh for me.
My Highlights are Silvera, Pray and Only Pain. The last song liberation is pretty lame, sounds like we need one more track quickly.
To sum up its not a masterpiece for me but a good album to ease off.

I like this album a lot but i was expecting at least a few more heavier tracks in there. Mix wise is a good representation of what the band sounds in a live setting and i really dig that . Did anybody notice how "quiet" the master is? The way of all flesh was loud as fuck. It seems like more and more bands are staying away from loudness war once and for all.