New Guitar Day- Caparison content...

For what it's worth, I made a conscious decision to get a bolt on neck, I was originally looking at an Ibanez with a thru neck, but I decided I wanted a bolt on, and I could name many guitarists who have also gone with bolt on. It definately wasn't a case of 'oh I'll just settle for a bolt-on neck', I'm completely thrilled with every aspect of this guitar, that's why after all the research I did, and about a year of saving, I bought this one... :)

The only reason I don't like Bolt On necks nearly as much as I do Neck Thru is because almost every singe Bolt On I've ever played with the exception of my 2 Ibanez Axes has a neck joint that sticks out and gets in the way of my hand. That's why I can't stand playing alot of Fenders or Jacksons. The High Frets are integral for my playing, and if I can't get all the way up there without much interference, then it makes it much harder for me to play it. On almost every Neck Thru I've played, one of the things I loved most was that the neck joint was barely even noticable. That's the only reason I like Neck-Thrus better. The Sustain is a bonus.

Also, I've been working on a design for a guitar recently in which the truss Rod is actually adjusted from the bottom of the body as opposed to the top of the neck. It would have to be a Neck Thru of course, and one of the biggest problems I've encountered was how to get it around the electronics.

The only reason I don't like Bolt On necks nearly as much as I do Neck Thru is because almost every singe Bolt On I've ever played with the exception of my 2 Ibanez Axes has a neck joint that sticks out and gets in the way of my hand. That's why I can't stand playing alot of Fenders or Jacksons. The High Frets are integral for my playing, and if I can't get all the way up there without much interference, then it makes it much harder for me to play it. On almost every Neck Thru I've played, one of the things I loved most was that the neck joint was barely even noticable. That's the only reason I like Neck-Thrus better. The Sustain is a bonus.

Also, I've been working on a design for a guitar recently in which the truss Rod is actually adjusted from the bottom of the body as opposed to the top of the neck. It would have to be a Neck Thru of course, and one of the biggest problems I've encountered was how to get it around the electronics.

You should get an Orbit, thru-neck and 27 frets, plenty of space for high playing... ;)

Congratulations on your new Axe Enjoy!!!!!! one of these days i'll buy one, i'm planning on selling a Fender Strat and selling an ESP Mirage Deluxe to get an Apple Horn, let's after prog power how the finances are........