new guitar time heeelllppppp !!!!

Pablo333

Jan 13, 2009
ok i want a new ibanez that im only going to use for metal rhythm,
my choices are ....

Ibanez MTM2 (stock v7 v8 pups) or Ibanez RGt6 exfx (EMG 81/85)

I want thickest tone possible and i suspect the EMG's would help but i was impressed with Ola's MTM2 tones,

please help!!!!

A lot of Ola's tones are in the playing. I would say go for the RGt6 exfx. Do you only want an Ibanez? There are a lot of great offerings out there.

You will get a fatter tone with the EMGs no doubt about it. AND I actually don't really like the feel of the MTM2. I only own one cause it looks badass when I'm playing live. For one thing the neck is to flat and I don't like the neck finish. ANY other RG has better neck than the MTM2.

You will get a fatter tone with the EMGs no doubt about it. AND I actually don't really like the feel of the MTM2. I only own one cause it looks badass when I'm playing live. For one thing the neck is to flat and I don't like the neck finish. ANY other RG has better neck than the MTM2.

How much of a difference did the apogee make? I'm thinking of getting a new converter.

How much of a difference did the apogee make? I'm thinking of getting a new converter.

You might not hear it in my recordings but I thought it was like night and day. Didn't even think I had a problem with the signal but listening before and after made it very clear.

You wont be dissapointed man, they make solid stuff.

You might not hear it in my recordings but I thought it was like night and day. Didn't even think I had a problem with the signal but listening before and after made it very clear.

You wont be dissapointed man, they make solid stuff.

Thanks Man. Although I haven't heard your pre apogee days (as far as I know) I think you can definitely hear it, those DIs sound great.

thanks Ola, so you think i should go for the RGT6exfx with the EMG's??

thanks Ola, so you think i should go for the RGT6exfx with the EMG's??

Do you have an opportunity to play one? It's a good idea to play as many guitars as you can before you buy. Don't go to the store with "I'm walking out of here with a guitar" in mind. When I'm testing out guitars I'm looking for something to jump out at me. I want it to feel good and sound good. If it looks a certain way then that's a bonus. There's nothing like that feeling when you play a guitar and it just feels right.

Do you have an opportunity to play one? It's a good idea to play as many guitars as you can before you buy. Don't go to the store with "I'm walking out of here with a guitar" in mind. When I'm testing out guitars I'm looking for something to jump out at me. I want it to feel good and sound good. If it looks a certain way then that's a bonus. There's nothing like that feeling when you play a guitar and it just feels right.

damn right!!

yeh, i will give it a test at the store, i basically want it to have a well cut nut/good tuning stability/ and i want that 81 to "growllll..."

Word. But I go for the looks at first hand :D

Do you mean the back of the neck or the fretboard radius?
Because the MTM series actually have a ROUNDER, not flatter fretboard radius than the Wizard I necks.
Personally I don't really dig the Wizard II neck either (MTM model or RG/S series Wizard II necks), they feel weird IMO