pickup decisions, which guitar to use

John_C

formerly Skeksis268
Dec 30, 2008
Coventry, UK
www.myspace.com
Ok so i've got an offer to trade a spare 81 i have for a seymour duncan SH-10 full shred trembucker (i.e. spaced for a floyd rose, not a stoptail)

The two guitars i'm dealing with are:

ESP LTD MH400 w/floyd currently holding emg 81/85

early 70s ibanez les paul w/stoptail, fantastic guitar but currently routed for and holding 2 p90s

My dilema is this, do I:

a) shove the full shred (with wrong spacing) in my ibanez, doing all the necessary routing
b) sell my 81 and buy a normal spaced sh-10 and put it in the ibanez, which would also mean doing some routing
c) put the sh10 in my LTD

FYI i do want to be able to put humbuckers in my ibanez, so i will have to do some routing at some point anyway.

What do you think?

Well if you are gonna do some routing at some point, i'd say...choice A all the way:)

But are you sure u aint gonna regret loosing the P90's?

the full shred is passive no? so it wouldn't go very well in the ltd with the emg in the neck.

i agree putting a humbucker in the ibanez bridge is a good idea, but you should get the right spacing. leave the p90 in the neck i reckon. just route the ibanez for a normal bridge humbucker and put whatever you like in there. trade the 81 for something else maybe. there are always people who'll trade and you can normally find roughly what you're looking for.