New Guitar World

zakk_hate_me_666

SUPER SHREDDER
Apr 28, 2004
The Edge Of Forever
http://guitarworld.com/toc/
toc_pages04.jpg

it has an article called power metal??? cob and arch enemy are not power metal. how lame is that?

GW = :yuk:

Ok, first of all the pictures don't go with the text the pictures are from the previous issue. Second, Arch Enemy definately aren't power metal, and I thought bodom was 'officially' classed as power metal with black metal vocals.

children of bodom were power metal with death/black vocals. there is no doubting that. now they are nu metalish but oh well, they're still what you could call power metal. the arch enemy being power though i don't really agree with.

"Trashed" sounds like....hmmmm....."modern melodic thrash metal" to me. And I'm not a SheepishFangirlWhoThinksTehWildChildIsAlwaysRight, but honestly: I'd take newer COB over whiney Korn-style rubbish ANY day!

how in the hell is cob nu-metal...if you are talking about HCDR being nu-metal then i really have no idea what type of nu metal passes through your ears...new cob sounds nothing like linkin park, korn or any of that shit...its just got a heavier groove...much like pantera...i dont see any of you saying pantera has a nu metal sound

God you tards who obviously dont have you own opinion. Nobody said the new shit is NU METAL, it's got a more riff-orientated style to it yes, but it's fucking far from nu metal. In my opinion COB could never be Nu Metal unless Janne quit.

TL&S is no doubt one of the best songs COB have ever done, sure Knuckleduster was a bit weird, but really it's a bit like Sixpounder, they're not nu metal, and I'm not in denial, I dont even like them that much anymore (you can ask Gav)

Anyway, thats my 4p.