New guitar...

carvedones

May 16, 2007
Just got my 7 string today. Must say its pretty good for $200 including postage to australia :headbang:

Quality isnt as good as the nj warlock 7 i had. But its still good. I need to put some 707's in there. When i bought it (from ebay) i was told that its a schecter but made to look like an ibanez rg (even has ibanez decal on the headstock).

SevenString.jpg

Who the hell would want a sexy beast like a Schecter to look like a child's toy?

Anyway, if you're going EMG be careful with the routing. Many a good guitar has died a horrible death at the hands of incompetent techs who don't know how much space they'll need.

Jeff

I put a 707 in my warlock. So have experience at it. Plus this guitar has a pickguard. I really dont know if its a schecter or not.

NO? as in you don't want to think about it or NO? as in you haven't? Can't tell sometimes.

Add another 9V battery in series to your setup, so that you have an 18V supply to your pickups... the preamps will clip less, you'll get more output and better response, and most people describe it as sounding 'more organic', for what that's worth.

Jeff

Ok i found out that is a chinese ripoff.
Thats ok as at least i have a 7 string to play till i get my custom one done.

Yeah, that's definitely a Chibanez. Alot of those on eBay. Some unfortunate people actually pay 1000+ dollars for fake Jems and UVs thinking they're real.

"Better than authentic Ibanez"

Better than a Jem? Better than a prestige RG? What exactly are you basing your opinion on? Your statement is rather insipid with no backbone. Now, you seem to like Schecters. I have never played a Schecter. But I do know what their features are and what they look like. Ugly Korean blocks of wood with USA-made pickups and icky, finished necks. Oh, but they have abalone inlays, binding and maple tops... yeah, well, Paris Hilton wears designer clothes too, if you know what I mean. I'm sure Schecters are great cheap guitars. Honestly, if a beginner asked me what guitar he should buy I'd probably recommend a Schecter. I'm sure in their price range, they are great guitars. But there is no fucking way in hell a Chinese Ibanez copy, or a Schecter plays, sounds, looks, or stays in tune better than my RG3120. Now I know what you're gonna say... "if you've never played one, then how the fuck do you know?" I've played several other guitars and nothing comes even close. Why would a Schecter be any different?

I know I'm being subjective. But so were you.

Dying Freedom...
While i totally understand what you are saying about Chibanez vs ibanez. I dont agree about the schecters at all. I have never played one. BUT do you really think that someone like Jeff would be endorsing them if they are inferior guitars? And remember he has only just gone to a sig series so he was using of the shelf models for awhile. They also look like great quality guitars.
I personal dont like Ibanez guitars (yes have owned them before) they feel like crap to me. I personally like Kramer, Jackson and BCR over any ohter brand I have tried. My main is a Kramer strat (Jap) and I love the thing.
So you have to remember that everyone has there idea of what a great guitar is. It comes down to what "feels" right to them.

I was pretty drunk when I posted that (still am) so maybe I seem heated. Jeff's never been to picky about his guitars but I've heard that he loves his Schecters. So, yeah, maybe I'm wrong. If you like em, good for you. It's all a matter of preference. I'm just a die-hard Ibanez fan.

I understand totally. As i said everyone has THERE preference.Yours is ibanez (alot of others too). Mine at present is an old jap Kramer. It just feels right.

I'll throw in my 2 cents and say BC RICH ALL THE WAY BABY!!!:lol::lol: :lol: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

And, yes, I've been a BC Rich artist since the mid 90's, and playing them since the early 80's, and still love 'em over everything else!

I'll throw in my 2 cents and say BC RICH ALL THE WAY BABY!!!:lol::lol: :lol: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

And, yes, I've been a BC Rich artist since the mid 90's, and playing them since the early 80's, and still love 'em over everything else!

I use BCR guitars all the time in my band "Shadow Creed". The other guitarist is mad on BCR also. I mostly just use a USA STIII. They are great guitars.And there NJ seven strings are great (would love another one).

On a side note id really like to try moser and kxk guitars.

I was pretty drunk when I posted that (still am) so maybe I seem heated. Jeff's never been to picky about his guitars but I've heard that he loves his Schecters. So, yeah, maybe I'm wrong. If you like em, good for you. It's all a matter of preference. I'm just a die-hard Ibanez fan.

Being a devoted ibanez junkie / collector for 15 years I would have to say the last 10 year of ibanez has been just utter shit.

From 87 to 94 was when they were the gods of metal.

The 2006 and 2007 line are a bit more impressive than everything from 95 to 2005 but its still not up to par with when they had the USA factory in Pennsylvania.

As for the price. Too steep for the piece of shit your buying. even the new Jems arent up to par with the loog ol LNG or RG 550's / 560s / 570s from the late eighties.

Nowadays im playing Ernieballs and Schecters along with my cutom home made 7 which kills any Universe K7 or RG7 ever made.

I learned that Ibanez Japan and Ibanez Korea are shit. It took me YEARS to finally submit to that mentality cause i loved them so much. But its true.... Ibanez just makes overpriced SHIT nowadays.

:worship: http://www.mosercustomshop.com

Have a look. He created the Bich. I want the FastStar.

Heh ... Neal is a god man.

Ive had the opportunity to talk to him at legnth about his guitars, He was nice enough to give me some pointers when i was making mine.

Awsome nice guy with some wikked skills in guitar building.

Hes now offering an import seriese that blows away most production guitars aswell.

His Inlay dude is AMAZING !!

Cant remember his name though