Simple question (Maybe?)

Lazzari

Chakachakalabuchaka
Aug 18, 2008
In a Shitty Country (Venezuela)
So my current rig goes like this: 7 string Ibanez RG 7321 with bare knuckle pups (Soon to be change with a LTD SC 607B or maybe a Schecter what do u think?) ---Boss TU-2---Peavey 6505+... si i was wondering if i should get something like a boss ns-2 or maybe a iSP decimator.. Should ir run it throu the fx loop ? Or how? Thanks in advance

Dice que obtengas uno, y que lo uses frente al Amplificador, es decir, Guitarra>isp decimator ó Boss ns-2>input del amplificador.

Lo de Bobs your uncle tampoco lo entendi.

I'd say get an MXR Smart Gate for between your guitar and the amplifier's input, and get an ISP Decimator for the FX loop of the 6505+, to quiet down the preamp.

I've always gotten better results with any noise suppression being applied in the loop of an amp, to quiet the preamp hiss down during times when I'm not playing. I never get issues on the guitar end as I focus on playing clean and muting the strings when I'm not playing, etc. I feel like noise gates before the amp tend to choke the guitar's signal and even then there will still be amp hiss in between playing.

I dunno...that's just my .02...

~006

boss noise gates are great, an affordable. where you place it in your chain is preference and its effectiveness can vary from player to player. alot of players use two gates, one before the amp, and one in the loop. i was looking atr a $30 beringher noise gate. i wonder if it works very well???

If you just stick the NS-2 in front or in the loop, you aren't really using its full noise-reducing powers. That pedal actually has a loop of its own, and ideally you want all your distortion stages inside the pedal's loop.

Run it
guitar -> tuner -> NS-2 input

NS-2 loop send -> [other pedals] -> amp

amp effects loop send -> NS-2 loop return

NS-2 output -> amp effects loop return

If you're using a lot of gain, this will work better than using a single gate in front or in the loop, and should be better (or at least cheaper) than using two gates. The idea is that the gate is controlled by your totally clean signal up front, but opens and closes after all the distortion has been added.

boss noise gates are great, an affordable. where you place it in your chain is preference and its effectiveness can vary from player to player. alot of players use two gates, one before the amp, and one in the loop. i was looking atr a $30 beringher noise gate. i wonder if it works very well???

not to bash behringer (i have stuff from them) but i would get a boss pedal if i were u:Smug:

cool. never thought of running a gate like that, but its genius!!!!
im going to try the beringher, because i really like its price :lol: but your probably right pot, the boss will most likely be far superior.

If you just stick the NS-2 in front or in the loop, you aren't really using its full noise-reducing powers. That pedal actually has a loop of its own, and ideally you want all your distortion stages inside the pedal's loop.

Run it
guitar -> tuner -> NS-2 input

NS-2 loop send -> [other pedals] -> amp

amp effects loop send -> NS-2 loop return

NS-2 output -> amp effects loop return

If you're using a lot of gain, this will work better than using a single gate in front or in the loop, and should be better (or at least cheaper) than using two gates. The idea is that the gate is controlled by your totally clean signal up front, but opens and closes after all the distortion has been added.

holy s**t lol ! sounds f***ing great.. even thou i might have to read it like 200 times before doing it correctly lol

Yeah, I didn't realize how tricky those Boss pedals were until I got one, but it's worth dealing with the hassle. Even with a noisy guitar and tons of gain, I can get 100% noise reduction where it sounds like the amp is in standby until I hit a note.