Got a TS7....

madbutcher

May 23, 2005
St Louis
www.harkonin.com
I just got a TS7 for my rig (stock Les Paul Studio Gothic > Korg DTR2000 > TS7 > ISP Decimator pedal > Bogner Uberschall.)

I spent some time playing with it yesterday for the first time and I really like how it seems to tighten the bass up. I was having trouble getting my decimator to work with it though as when the TS7 was on, I was getting some noise when I wasn't playing. And I can't turn the decimator up any more because it starts to effect my pick attack (it is at about 11:30). I'll play with it more tonight, but is there any certain ways you guys dial them in?

Also, is my chain ok, or should I maybe try moving the decimator into the fx loop?

Well I don't use a noise gate cuz I really don't see the need for one in a retardedly noisy venue (READ: all of them), but I have the drive at about 8:30, the tone at 11:00, and the level at 11:30 - pretty standard settings, really, but they work! Besides that, just a Boss DD-3 always on in the loop (I toggle the loop on and off via the amp footswitch)

TS+ Überschall = ear candy! It's definitely one of the best, if not the best, sounding setups I've ever played through.