New Guy

JimG

Jul 9, 2006

Greetings all, I hope you're all well and happy. I have been watching this message board closely over the last few months and felt now was the right time to join in as you all seem to having so much fun. Although I may be new to the board, I am not new to Saxon having been a fan since Wheels Of Steel (giving my age away a bit!!!). Saxon were the first band to turn me on to the heavy metal/hard rock genre and I've never looked back since buying 747. Saxon were also one of the first concerts I ever attended at the legendary Glasgow Apollo back in '82 ably supported by, if my memory's correct, by Australian sisters Cheetah. I still remember the first time I was almost blinded by the Eagle and I've seldom come across a band that constantly delivers on stage. I'm delighted to say I've stuck by the group through out their career, even when their popularity dipped towards the end of the eighties, and it's great to see them finally getting the respect I feel they've always deserved. Even my wife, a fan of the Backstreet Boys, Kylie, Justin Timberlake etc., has become a convert to the cause. She surprised me by attending the the recent Renfrew Ferry gig with me and I caught her at least three times, headbanging along to the music.

Finally, although I don't get to access my computer too often, I look forward to interacting with you all on this board.

Take care.
Jim

Welcome to the saxon board. iam kidn of new to but some of the board members have already take notice to me do to the fact that i go almost everywhere to see saxon and i meet some of the board members when i was in london to see the band. so if you are at a saxon show and see a dude with a swedish flag standing in front row it´s me!

hiya pal , welcome aboard and yes it was cheetah by the way and they wore leopard skin costumes and were absolute pants

Thanks folks for the warm welcome. I'm going to enjoy here. By the way, has anyone had any problems buying "The Eagle...III"? Normally I can get any Saxon albums in Virgin or HMV, but when I enquired about the live album, I was met with blank expressions. It's not a major problem because I'll probably get it off Amazon.

Welcome to the Board, Jim !! See you at the front at a Saxon gig next Tour !!

Eagle III was at HMV (Oxford Street) on day of release. Probably cheaper via Amazon as you suggest.

Cheers,

Goss.

JimG said:
Thanks folks for the warm welcome. I'm going to enjoy here. By the way, has anyone had any problems buying "The Eagle...III"? Normally I can get any Saxon albums in Virgin or HMV, but when I enquired about the live album, I was met with blank expressions. It's not a major problem because I'll probably get it off Amazon.

Check on www.play.com as they don't charge for delivery and are normally cheaper than Amazon.

Bosnian Witchfinder said:
apparently the bloodstock 2001 gig wasnt the best, but even that is the only negative review ive ever come across

Blasphemy!!! :p

-----
And welcome Jim, to the forum of saxon's stalkers :)