New guy

vagrantpostman

New guy.
Jun 17, 2011
The Internet
twitter.com
Hi, it's me!

I'm Kevin, aka "vagrantpostman", a game programmer from Atlanta who wants to someday move somewhere more metal (btw, any recommendations regarding this are welcome).

I tend to enjoy listening to Solefald, Zu, and other avant-garde type things; lately I've been very much into techdeath and related subgenres. Basically anything with precision and some melodic variety or ambience is good stuff. Anything "folksy", like Heidevolk, just as well.

I also like softer, more well-known things like Neurosis, Tool, etc. And some things which fall far outside the category of metal, but they're not so relevent here, eh?

And of course I respect everyone who goes out there with complicated instruments and bangs them hard enough for the cause, even if they do end up sucking.

Slightly unrelated: I'm starting a game studio, and we're going to make this kickass dark fantasy/survival horror title on the Crysis 2 engine when it comes out. Could use some (cheaply) licensed metal, but I'm not sure what just yet. So there's that for you to think about if you get bored; again, any advice is welcome. If you need more of a visual reference, think Zdzislaw Beksinski (great visual artist), but with tight, claustrophobic melee combat and long, slow, deeply atmospheric cinematography a-la Stalker (Not the game, the 1979 film, which had a great soundtrack as well...some of the first dark-ambient music perhaps, another genre I like).

Anyway, so that's what I'm all about. Excited to be a part of the greater metal community. Cheers folks!
---Kevin/vagrantpostman