NEW HARDCORE JAM

benjy

Jun 8, 2012
Hey dudes, I just released a single on bandcamp for free and although it has been released I would still love some feedback on the song, the mix, and any other crits/ compliments you may have. I'm pretty stoked on it but really want to know what you think. You can listen to it or download it here: thegodwecreate.bandcamp.com
BIG THANKS TO SOUL_TRASH FOR THE ALBUM ARTWORK!
If you want any info on what I used to record this I would be glad to help you out. Thanks guys!

Hey dudes, I just released a single on bandcamp for free and although it has been released I would still love some feedback on the song, the mix, and any other crits/ compliments you may have. I'm pretty stoked on it but really want to know what you think. You can listen to it or download it here: thegodwecreate.bandcamp.com
BIG THANKS TO SOUL_TRASH FOR THE ALBUM ARTWORK!
If you want any info on what I used to record this I would be glad to help you out. Thanks guys!

very VERY BMTH inspired.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Haha that's good bro! just the singer can almost sound exactly like him. I really like the guitar tone, but the bass (the bass is lacking much low end, and mabye need some hard compression to make it pop out while maintaining the stability of the mix) and drums sound very bland. What are you using as for drums?

Vocals are very nice! As above said, very Sykes-ish, but still nice. My biggest problem is the extremetly weak-sounding drums. Put some serious compression on there to make it more aggressive. I always parallel compress to hell and back and that seems to get me where I want to go. Guitars are nice too!

Thanks, This is my solo project. It's all me. I used slate but I literally didn't compress the drums at all. Ill mess with the bass. It is pretty heavily compressed so I'm not sure maybe some overdrive or something, I don't know. Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Any more crits? I'm working on editing my stuff I.e parallel comp on drums and probably vocals. Any other advice before I really get into it?

I actually compressed them and mixed the heavily compressed out a bit lower and added some light over drive and it added quite a bit of beef.