New Haunted Song [link]

If you're scared, say you're scared. C'mon. It's okay. They won't hurt you... much. Besides, how could they not pass for thrash? Their guitars rip your face off and step on it.

Dodens Grav said:
I'm not gonna argue. And by the way, I'm not scared. I tried them out. I bought their albums. Then I sold them, because they sucked. They're not fucking Thrash. If you want modern Thrash, check out Sauron from Michigan. That's fucking Thrash. Fuck those stupid ass Swedish 'Thrash' bands. The only one that comes close is Defleshed, and all of their songs are about 3 minutes and have no solos.

Here's some Thrash to listen to that is much more worthwhile than The Haunted, and all of those other bands, just going by my personal cd collection:

Artillery - Deadly Relics
Aura Noir - Deep Tracts Of Hell
Aura Noir - Black Thrash Attack
Aura Noir - Increased Damnation
Coroner - No More Color
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Dark Angel - Leave Scars
Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal
Defleshed - Fast Forward
Destruction - Mad Butcher/Eternal Devastation
Destruction - Release From Agony
Destruction - The Antichrist
Destruction - Metal Discharge
Devastator - Infernal Devastation
Dreams Of Damnation - Let The Violence Begin
Evildead - Annihilation Of Civilization
Evildead - The Underworld
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Exodus - Tempo Of The Damned
Flotsam And Jetsam - No Place For Disgrace
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form
Heathen - Breaking The Silence
Heathen - Recovered
Holy Terror - Terror And Submission/Mind Wars
Kreator - Endless Pain
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Kreator - Terrible Certainty
Kreator - Out Of The Dark...Into The Light
Kreator - Extreme Aggression
Kreator - Coma Of Souls
Megadeth - Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Megadeth - So Far, So Good...So What?
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Metal Church - Metal Church
Metallica - Kill 'em All
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Metallica - ...And Justice For All
Necronomicon - Necronomicon
Overkill - The Years Of Decay
Poison - Into The Abyss
Possessed - Seven Churches
Protector - Golem
Sabbat - Sabbatical Holocaust
Slaughter Lord - Thrash 'Til Death
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Slayer - South Of Heaven
Sodom - In The Sign Of Evil/Obsessed By Cruelty
Sodom - Persecution Mania
Sodom - Mortal Way Of Live
Sodom - Agent Orange
Sodom - Better Off Dead
Sodom - Tapping The Vein
Sodom - Get What You Deserve
Sodom - Code Red
Sodom - M16
Terror Squad - The Wild Stream Of Eternal Sin
Testament - The Legacy
Testament - The New Orde
Torture Squad - Asylum Of Shadows
Ulysses Siren - Above The Ashes
Viking - Do Or Die
Vio-Lence - Oppressing The Masses/Torture Tactics

[Note: If I come off as an ass, just ignore that and focus on what I'm trying to say]
There are huge holes in your thrash collection. Check out "No Return", "Susperia", "Hatesphere", "Dew-Scented", "Darkane", and many more. There is plenty of good thrash coming out of Scandinavia and the rest of Europe.

Your opinion of what is and is not thrash is a direct reflection of the mind you're expressing in this post: that is to say, both your mind and your opinion of thrash are very narrow.

Aside from that, I couldn't give any less of a damn about what is and is not thrash. I also fail to see any reason why anybody would care to subdivide bands into so many sub-categories. I need blistering fuckin' metal from time to time, and bands like The Haunted, Nile, and Testament provide it. Oh no, Nile isn't death metal, they're black? Looks like I have to stop listening to them. WTF is that about? Listen to what you want, and above all, keep metal alive!

Steiner said:
There are huge holes in your thrash collection. Check out "No Return", "Susperia", "Hatesphere", "Dew-Scented", "Darkane", and many more. There is plenty of good thrash coming out of Scandinavia and the rest of Europe.

....If there are any holes in his collections, it's not DewScented or darkane... It's Invocator, more artillery, more overkill... Poltergeist... Assassin... Vendetta...

Get over one person's opinion please. You'll be better off.
I just find it odd that people even care about subgenres these days. I don't know. This could take some time and beer. Ooh, beer! I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

I'm with Dodens–I hate The Haunted with a passion. I hate that a band who bases their career on ticktock drumming, shouty hardcore vocals, and annoying tremolo and metalcore riffs is referred to as thrash. They wouldn't piss me off so bad if they weren't stealing the limelight from REAL young new thrash bands like Cyst, Toxic Holocaust, Osmium, Hypnosia, and Torture Squad.

Fuck those guys.

Dodens–BUY ANTHRAX'S PERSISTENCE OF TIME. NOW, BITCH!

Seriously, it fucking rules and has increased my respect for that band so much. Crazy epic thrash, way darker than the rest of their stuff.

Larf said:
....If there are any holes in his collections, it's not DewScented or darkane... It's Invocator, more artillery, more overkill... Poltergeist... Assassin... Vendetta...

Fucking A, most of that is just Haunted-esque pseudo-thrash. Decent for what it is, but it doesn't break spines and stomp poseurs like Thrash Fucking Metal should. Assassin is killer, and of course, Overkill has never made a single bad album in their career.

This is modern thrash. Bow.

Pyrus said:
Fucking A, most of that is just Haunted-esque pseudo-thrash. Decent for what it is, but it doesn't break spines and stomp poseurs like Thrash Fucking Metal should. Assassin is killer, and of course, Overkill has never made a single bad album in their career.

This is modern thrash. Bow.

What? Those bands are pseudo thrash? which one are you talking about? Artillery? Invocator? Poltergeist? what? tell me dude...

eeeh i don't like the haunted either... i own The Haunted Made Me Do It... and only listened to it a couple times.. the only song i like by them is "Bury Your Dead", or at least thats what i think its called... i forget

Can't wait for the new one!! I'll take anything they deliver...

As for Doden's list, I got them all, except the Aura Noir and that Ulysses Siren. Never heard these CDs before, I'll have to check them out...

Fred–I meant the stuff like Dew Scented, etc. Articllery and those other bands you mentioned rule.

insania–Ulysses Siren is the greatest fucking band that nobody knows about. Awesome Bay Area Thrash with a riff-count rivalling Dark Angel's. A must-hear.

Dodens–good call, but every day without hearing "Belly of the Beast" is a day you haven't really lived. ;) Also, have I mentioned that I got an original CD copy of Eternal Nightmare for five bucks? :p

made me do it was ok, trespass, bury your dead, and revelation are great songs.
their best album is by far one kill wonder though, that album by far crushes made me do it.
as far as 99 goes im not to impressed they need marco back
listen to nightrage instead