New Haunted Song [link]

Larf03 said:
....If there are any holes in his collections, it's not DewScented or darkane... It's Invocator, more artillery, more overkill... Poltergeist... Assassin... Vendetta...
At 28, we're obviously just from different musical eras my friend. To each his own. There's nothing wrong with Overkill or Invocator. I listen to them occasionally, but to me their sound can be somewhat dated. I'm not gonna argue though. I enjoy the death/thrash mix above all else. At this point the bands that deliver the purest dosage of that sound to my bleeding ears were the ones I listed above...minus Testament of course.

BTW...that new Haunted song was solid IMO. I wasn't entirely looking forward to Peter's return, but the impact of their music still speaks for itself. Can't wait to hear this whole album.

Hey, Steiner, I feel your pain. I played some of these bands to death 10-15 years ago. I still have cassette tapes from some of them. It's good to hear new directions in "thrash", especially when it doesn't involve trash cans or whiny "vocals". IMO, that level of heavy experimentation is something that bands like The Haunted and Darkane bring to the table.

I guess most of you guys heard it anyway but Marco is back; Not in The Haunted, but in Facedown, that 'kin band from Stockholm that Flinta used to play in. Feel free to check it out if you feel like it - I know I won't. :p

http://facedown.nu/

Pyrus said:
Fucking A, most of that is just Haunted-esque pseudo-thrash. Decent for what it is, but it doesn't break spines and stomp poseurs like Thrash Fucking Metal should.

Darkane will rip anyone a new asshole. Check your rear, if you've heard Darkane before you are bound to have several new assholes.