New Havok Song (Terry Date and James Murphy)

cfh11

Apr 25, 2012
Boston, MA
the best "new wave of thrash" band by far IMO... excellent work by Mr. Date (mixing) and Mr. Murphy (mastering) as usual

Last edited by a moderator:
Really couldn't get into Havok's previous album. Just sounded like 'insert thrash metal here' in my worthless opinion. I quite like warbringer though!

Really couldn't get into Havok's previous album. Just sounded like 'insert thrash metal here' in my worthless opinion. I quite like warbringer though!

i didnt like time is up that much the first few times but the straightforward songwriting really caught on with me... that album is catchy as hell. i havent really been much into warbringer after waking into nightmares but they are still a really solid live act.

nice song..

I thought the album Lazarus AD did with James Murphy was one of the best from the new wave of thrash

Havok is great. They don't earn any originality points but they make up for it with finding their own style. I listen to Havok because I want to hear Havok, unlike most new wave thrash bands who you listen to for essentially hearing a lost album from another band.

Time is up is a solid record I really like it, but I hated all those copycat riffs, fortunately there's a lot of original stuff too
You can find some riffs that are basically a ripoff from slayer's angel of death, or megadeth stuff (I can't remember the song they copied some riff from)

Time is up is a solid record I really like it, but I hated all those copycat riffs, fortunately there's a lot of original stuff too
You can find some riffs that are basically a ripoff from slayer's angel of death, or megadeth stuff (I can't remember the song they copied some riff from)

Or its more about you can't reinvent the wheel, you can only write so many riffs on a guitar.

i think the angel of death part on "DOA" was more of a tribute than a ripoff but i get your point. i just appreciate how they dont try to be overly technical and focus more on writing catchy songs, which is rare with metal bands these days.