New Heep has arrived

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
Excellent and fast service from CDJAPAN.co.jp !

I'm only on track 3 so far of Wake The Sleeper (SHM-CD) but what a MONSTER! Sounds like a Byron era record mixed with the best of Sea of light and Sonic Origami. I'm hearing passion, effort and power from all the band members. This is what music should be about.

Overload
:headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

1. Oh yeah!

2. KH hasn't been on a studio Heep record since about 1980. But if you want a good KH album, check out Blood on the Highway (Jorn & Glenn Hughes guest).

Blood on the Highway is absolutely a must if you're a Heep fan. It's got some fantastic songs on it, and you can't go wrong when you team up Hensley and Lande. It's great to hear John Lawton singing on one song also, he's such a great vocalist.

Thanks.

You both are right, Blood On the Highway is great :kickass:. I'm just waiting for a US distributor to offer the LIVE DVD of Blood On The Highway at an affordable price and then i am buying it. It's out as an import now for like $35.00 plus P&H. :zombie:

I have not bought a Uriah Heep album since the late great David Byron was kicked out of Uriah Heep(was a total shock to find years later he died),can't say if any album since would make me a fan again of them. The Byron era of the 70's was part of my high school and early 20's experience ,something I'll never feel again.

Check out Innocent Victim (1977), Abominog (1982?), Sea of Light (1995) &
Sonic Origami (1998).

I have not bought a Uriah Heep album since the late great David Byron was kicked out of Uriah Heep(was a total shock to find years later he died),can't say if any album since would make me a fan again of them. The Byron era of the 70's was part of my high school and early 20's experience ,something I'll never feel again.

Many years ago (early '90s, perhaps) I interviewed Ken Hensley. One of my questions was about bassist Gary Thain and if they ever regretted kicking him out of the band (in early 1975) since his sudden departure may have lead to his eventual drug overdose and death a few months later. My question was something like, "Do you think it's possible he may have lived longer had that not happened?" Ken was a little defensive about that subject, saying something like, "Wiser minds than ours have debated that matter and we may never know the answer."

My favorite Heep is the Byron-era version. Wonderworld (1974) remains one of my favorite albums, even though it wasn't as popular as those albums that preceded it. I remember buying the vinyl of Wonderworld the day it went on sale. The price was only about $3.88 at the local department/food/music store (Meijer is the name of the chain).

All that written, I'm intrigued to hear the new Heep album. Few bands have created such stirring music (I mean, come on: "Stealin'"..."Easy Livin'"...who can argue with those songs?). Although it appears only Mick Box remains out of the classic line-up, they still have a unique sound.

Yup. I'll buy it.

Uriah Heep update for those who haven't heard:
Universal Music is delighted to announce the release of a new studio album from British rock legends Uriah Heep, 'Wake the Sleeper,' which is to be issued in the U.S. on 26th August 2008.

'Wake The Sleeper' is Uriah Heep's first studio album in almost ten years (the first since 1998's 'Sonic Origami') – and 21st studio album overall - and is set to herald an exciting new phase for the band.

The album sees Uriah Heep back to their very best and will undoubtedly become a future classic – sure to please their dedicated worldwide fan base and fans of progressive rock in general. Recorded in 2007 the album was produced by Mike Paxman (Status Quo), and has thus far received rave reviews, as it was selected as 'Album of the Month' by Classic Rock Magazine (in their June issue), where it earned an 8/10 rating, and was called "A momentous return to form."

In the words of Heep guitarist, Mick Box, "We are delighted to be reunited with a major label in Universal music. 'Wake The Sleeper' is an album we are incredibly proud of, and one that we hope the fans will see as one of Uriah Heep's best. We can't wait to get back out on the road to showcase the new songs."

'Wake the Sleeper' is the band's first album without their long-standing and original drummer, Lee Kerslake who sadly had to leave the band due to ill health in January 2007. Filling the drum stool for the very first time is the hugely well-respected Russell Gilbrook (Tony Iommi/Black Sabbath, Van Morrison, John Farnham, and Lonnie Donnegan).

Uriah Heep's current line up is Mick Box – Guitar, Trevor Bolder – Bass, Phil Lanzon – Keyboards, Bernie Shaw - Lead Vocals, and Russell Gilbrook – Drums.

Full album tracklisting as follows:

1 – Wake The Sleeper
2 – Overload
3 – Tears Of the World
4 – Light Of A Thousand Stars
5 – Heavens Rain
6 – Book Of Lies
7 – What Kind Of God
8 – Ghost Of The Ocean
9 – Angels Walk With You
10 – Shadow
11 – War Child

CD Universe has it, but they're not shipping until Sept. 2. Looks like CDInzane will be shipping on the August date, but I can't tell for sure.