New Heep!

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
Enjoying the new single, One Minute. It wouldn't feel out of place on Sea of Light or Sonic Origami. Mid-paced and groovy :headbang::headbang:

Always wished I was able to see the band live. But I'm sure a set list wouldn't include Night of the Wolf, Come Back To Me, Name of the Game etc.

Can't wait to hear the new album. Hope it's rocking, like Wake The Sleeper, Into The Wild and most of Sea Of Light. Sonic Origami was way too mellow for me to enjoy.

They're awesome live. Their sets are - aside from one or two new tracks - exclusively devoted to their first few albums. That's what the old guys who buy tickets (and probably thought the band broke up in '78) pay to hear.

They're awesome live. Their sets are - aside from one or two new tracks - exclusively devoted to their first few albums. That's what the old guys who buy tickets (and probably thought the band broke up in '78) pay to hear.

I never saw them live, but would be disappointed by just hearing 70s stuff. I mean, their "newer" albums (since 1995) are excellent. They should at least do like Saxon and promote the new album heavily, while playing the obvious classics.

I cut my musical teeth on Purple, Sabbath and Heep, so this is a must buy for me. I had the good fortune of seeing them play 10 years ago outside of Cleveland. I think the show started at midnight and I didn't get to my hotel room until about 4 in the morning, but still very much worth it. Lee and Trevor were still in the band at that time. It was great to meet them and the others outside of their touring bus. All of them were great guys.:)

still on the must-see list! Been a fan since the late 70's and the last 2 albums have been great rockers. Outsider is a must-buy. Amazon lists release date as June 10 - can't wait!

I like this but I like Into the Wild (2011) more. Two back to backs I like here are Looking at You (7) and Can't Take That Away (8). I would love to hear a brass section incorporated into Say Goodbye. I think the Hammond is a little too up-front in this project. On several songs on Into the Wild, the organ is much more in the background. They are booked through mid December in Europe and they do the Cruise gig in Feb15. Sure hope they do the US next year. Gotta see them live.

Sorry, but Sonic Origami was quite weak IMO, way too mellow. Wake The Sleeper was MUCH better, as was Into The Wild and as is Outsider, which is real good. The Hammond was always there in their sound, which I love as well.

I found Into The Wild to be their worst since Conquest. A Different World for a different decade if you will. Wake the Sleeper had its moments but Outsider is a true return to form (not fantasy).

I found Into The Wild to be their worst since Conquest. A Different World for a different decade if you will. Wake the Sleeper had its moments but Outsider is a true return to form (not fantasy).

Well, to each his own then. We don't like the same things about Uriah Heep as it seems.

BTW, do you go at Grim Reaper tomorrow in Mtl? If so, we could maybe have a talk about the greatness of Volbeat, among other things... :heh:

ITW was much better for me. I like a couple of songs on this album and the vocals are great but some of the songs are average. There is also far too much organ and nowhere near enough guitar. In fact the guitar sound on most of the songs sucks completely and sounds like it was recorded in the 70s.