New Helloween single....

Maybe it's because I haven't been listening to Helloween much over the past couple years, but I fucking love this. It's overflowing with the unmistakeable Helloween-ness that is all I ask from them, especially in the pre-chorus & chorus starting at 1:18. Will happily buy.

Some more detail here...
HELLOWEEN PREMIER “BATTLE’S WON” LYRIC VIDEO; SINGLE OUT NOW

German power metal legends, Helloween, are poised to release their 14th studio album, My God-Given Right, on May 29th in Europe, June 1st in the UK, and June 2nd in North America, via Nuclear Blast.

Today (April 17th), Halloween release the first single from My God-Given Right, for the speed metal hymn “Battle’s Won”. Besides the digital download, there will be a limited edition 2-track vinyl single, also featuring the album track “Lost In America”. The 7” will be released on April 24th. Pre-order at this location.

p19grkf7s110snoeb71souhhn4.jpg

The chorus of Battle's Won sounds more like Freedom Call to me, but in general I'm ready to add Helloween to the list of bands who've run out of ideas and should just focus on touring (like Maiden, Priest, etc.)

honestly that was quite pedestrian

nothing special, sounds like anything from the Deris era

The chorus of Battle's Won sounds more like Freedom Call to me, but in general I'm ready to add Helloween to the list of bands who've run out of ideas and should just focus on touring (like Maiden, Priest, etc.)

I'm a huge Helloween fan, but that was meh. I hope the rest of the album is better than that.

Guys, it's power metal, not Mozart.

~Brian~

I haven't been a big Helloween fan since... ever...

With that said, the new album is without a doubt a top 10 of the year for me so far. I absolutely love it!

I haven't been a big Helloween fan since... ever...

With that said, the new album is without a doubt a top 10 of the year for me so far. I absolutely love it!

Agreed. I've loved none of the Deris albums until now. I could make a single CD out of the tracks that I really enjoyed from 1994 to present, and then this album is awesome all the way through. its been a very pleasant surprise.

Orden Ogan/Cain's Offering/Within Silence/Pyramaze and now Helloween.. it's been a better year than I anticipated. :)

Opinions are opinions I guess... but The Dark Ride and Gambling With the Devil are two of the best albums the band's ever released in my own opinion. They've been mostly consistent through the Deris era, but those are the two I find most memorable and enjoyable.

Really enjoying this new material as well. Big choruses, lots o' double bass. It's power metal, folks. They ain't gotta reinvent the wheel for me to like it.