New Helloween

Larf03

Like a rock
I got the new Helloween last week and here are my thoughs...

Just a Little Sign 7/10
Well.... This song is pretty good but the chorus sounds a little too "power metallesque" for my taste... By that I mean that it's a sissy sing along stratovarius meets craphsody kinda shit... But anyways, still a good song with cool guitars!

Open Your Life 8/10
Very cool song... Heavy and Groovy... Pretty good solos too...

The Tune 7/10
Very typical Helloween ...Lyrics, drums... guitars and melodic bass... VERY TYPICAL

Never be a star 7/10
"Hey Lord" kinda song... good chorus but becomes kinda redundant after a couple of verse...

Liar 9,5/10
FUCKING GREAT!!! This song kills.... it's thrash metal all the way... Deris sings like he is mighty pissed and even does song black-death metal snarls in the chorus as backing vocals... Killer solos!!

Sun 4 the World 5/10
This song is like the wind... it just goes...

Don't Stop Being Crazy 10/10
This is my favorite track... Very touching power ballad! GREAT lyrics!

Do you feel good 7/10
Good song, simple but good... the only thing I don't like is the chorus... again, sounding too much happy

Hell Was Made in Heaven 6,5/10
Heavy song but not outstanding...

Back against the wall 5/10
Another gust of wind...

Listen to the flies 8/10
Good song but it sounds like a re-worked Kings will be Kings...

Nothing to say 9,2/10
Damn... Now this is original... Helloween doing Reggae!!!!!

Average: 7,4

Final note:
This album is good... but it surely doesnt beat the last 3 albums... The Dark Ride, Better Than Raw and Time of the Oath were killer... this one is just good.... Overall, this album sound like Time of the Oath with the happyness of Master of the Rings. I'm sorry but the drums on this album is NOT Uli Kush and it shows... there is always something missing! :(