New Here!+Sym X Demo1994???

Martymcfly

New Metal Member
Jun 10, 2004
Hey there Gang!

Fellow portuguese SX fan here.

A 1994 demo just fell on my lap...named Danse macabre. Suposely it appears to be a pre 1st album demo including tauting and rapture plus some other few goodies. the versions are diferent of those in the album...does any1 know if this is an official demo or some stuff they took out from the 1st album studio recording?

If its some kind of unsupporte thingy by the band i will automaticly throw it away...but with tears in my eyes!!!:

hugz

marty

urinalcakemix said:
Well, it DEFINITELY isnt supported by the band, and since it isnt, i DEMAND you pack it up, go to the post office and mail it to me !!! =) . Got any pictures? Sounds like a nice find.

Nope. no pics.

But that kinda thing would have been nice to have on the reissues(IE. 1st CD)

Does any1 else even know this exists? i was suprprised...i thought i already knew everything there was to know about the band...

I got it today and i havent heard it more than once. ill try to point out the most noticeable differences between tracks.

Nice to see how much the banda has evolved till this day.

M.
(Bttf geek...)

Martymcfly said:
Hey there Gang!

Fellow portuguese SX fan here.

A 1994 demo just fell on my lap...named Danse macabre. Suposely it appears to be a pre 1st album demo including tauting and rapture plus some other few goodies. the versions are diferent of those in the album...does any1 know if this is an official demo or some stuff they took out from the 1st album studio recording?

If its some kind of unsupporte thingy by the band i will automaticly throw it away...but with tears in my eyes!!!:

hugz

marty
Danse Macabre is definitely pre-1st album. Demo material the band had done before the first album had been completed and released. It's not the material that secured them the record deal, that would have been MJR's solo stuff for Dark Chapter. Danse Macabre is the unofficial linkage between that solo album material and the first official album.

Glenn

Yup, this has been floating around for years..I think we actually had it on the mailing list's ftp server (while it still existed). I do believe something from it may end up on the fan club cd this year..

I dont believe theres an actual CD with artwork floating around for this thing. I believe the guy has mp3's and not n actual product.

They are around, and can be found but I'm not gonna say where, out of respect for the band, and the board.

As Glen said this is basically a tie between MJR's solo CD, and SX's 1st CD. The sound quality isnt the greatest anyways.

Hey there.

You r right DrumRman, "the guy" has it only in mp3. Unfortunatly i have no cover for it(Was the original released on tape?, any1?). And as of respect to the band im not telling also where to get it...i just wanted to know with all this what kind of stuff i had in my hands.

Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Marty.

Ps: Candlelight fantasia remains the best ballad wirtten to this day...period!

Thanks for the info Whofooledu. But the quality of the recording isnt bad...at least mine..i just wish i had a copy of the original!hum...ebay comes to mind!

I hope my band demo comes with at least half the quality of that SX demo...:)

M.

I recently just found it myself. Taunting the Notorius demo version is WAY better than the song on the album. I like the chorus way better and it has that cool organ and choir intro. Too bad they changed it. If they ever redo tracks from the first album like they talked about before, they should do that version of the song with Russ singing... it would be one hell of a song! Alot of the guitar solos stuff and parts of the 3rd song that seems to have no name sounds alot like stuff taken right out of the dark chapter too. Rapture or pain is a bit different too, different verses but the chorus and bridge are pretty much the same. The production quality is really poor, you can tell it was just ripped off a tape, but its very much worth a listen if you are a fan of the band.

WhoFooldU said:
Actually, I seem to recall one Symphony X fan who did acquire it that way. And no, it was not me :)
HAHA!! Yeah I never get that lucky either.

It just seems everytime I look up SYMX stuff there, there isn't much, I mean stuff that is that diff...ya know? Maybe I should start checking more often.:p