New Iced Earth Videos - Promo & Live

A charge to keep sounds promising. That chorus will probably sound better with a crowd chanting along. Thanks for the links. That new promo video also looks ridiculously cheesy.

Ripper just doesn't do it for me. Barlow was so very very very much better in Iced Earth...The Hunter sounds like garbage...

Bear

I think you should judge him by the new material not the material written specifically for another singer.

I gotta say, I think Tim did a great job with The Hunter, despite the poor sound quality of that bootleg. One of my favorite songs from The Dark Saga, he sings it quite powerfully.

I think you should judge him by the new material not the material written specifically for another singer.

But then again, Barlow made every song he touched from the first two Iced Earth albums about 100 times better. I was at Wacken, and Iced Earth were pretty disappointing, imo.

Iced Earth was definitely the highlight of the festival for me. Ripper sounded awesome live. At one point, he held a note for what must have been a minute. I'm a total Barlow fan boy, but Ripper is a vocal god in his own right.

By the way Iced Earth's stage show was beyond phenomenal. I haven't seen that kind of lighting and pyro since the the mid-80s when all the big bands were trying to outdo each other.

Zod

Framing Armageddon is an awesome album, so much better than TGB. Watching the vid of The Hunter now which is my favorite Iced Earth song and I think he's doing a rather good job on it. When I saw them a few years ago with Ripper they put on an awesome show and I thought that while he is no Barlow, he did the old tunes justice

I was at Wacken as well .. thought Iced Earth was great. As Zod said the stage show was beyond killer. I thought the playing was excellent, and the energy was high. My only knock is that it seemed their set ended a bit abruptly. There weren't any real encores to speak of, which I thought was a bit strange.

As for Ripper, he did a great job on all the older material, and kind of made a believer out of me. It will be interesting to see how his excellent performance at Wacken will affect my future thoughts on him and Iced Earth. Up until that performance I had been a little lukewarm as to how I felt about him in Iced Earth.

Britt

Flawed logic my friend. You don't think when Ripper joined JP he was judged??? Also when a a singer joins an established band with multiple previous vocalists, how can one not judged the performance of older material? It will always be. The new material doesn't do it for me either

Bear

Iced Earth was definitely the highlight of the festival for me. Ripper sounded awesome live. At one point, he held a note for what must have been a minute. I'm a total Barlow fan boy, but Ripper is a vocal god in his own right.
Zod

That's probably the middle section in Iced Earth when the band stops and he just lets out that massive scream. There was a video of that on Blabbermouth this morning with some additional footage.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78260

That's the one !! Me, Zod, and Dark One (Jason) were going wild thru this whole set.

Britt

I remember when he did that on the 2004 tour. Ripper can sing his ass off for 2 hours and still cut loose with that scream at the end of the set. I'm looking forward to seeing them again when they make their next US tour.

Did IE headline one of the nights? I would have loved to have been there for their performance alone. I cant wait to hear their new album and see them perform in 2008 sometime.

Small rant: I dont know why people constantly bring up the fact that Barlowe isnt in the band any more. I am gonna say about 90 % of IE fans prefer Barlowe, but it just isnt fair to compare Ripper to Barlowe. Comparisons to God just arent fair to the other party.

WOW that video for ten thousand strong just suuuuuuuuuucks. Is it 82 again? where is the production value? Not asking for blockbuster value, but christ give us something more.

Also, good song, horrendous audio production, they need to ditch morrissound.

WOW that video for ten thousand strong just suuuuuuuuuucks. Is it 82 again? where is the production value? Not asking for blockbuster value, but christ give us something more.

Also, good song, horrendous audio production, they need to ditch morrissound.

Just a thought: Jon's always stated that the Something Wicked storyline may be fleshed out in a comic book in the future. I know he's a big comic fan as well, so the promo videos for the albums may be tied in that way.

Also, I think the band was not pleased with the CG effects in the Declaration Day video, so that may have influenced their decision to keep the high-tech CG stuff to a minimum and go with something that looks more animated.

It looked a little cheesy, but also different than the standard "metal band rocking out in a warehouse" ala The Reckoning video.

Am I the only one who thinks the new material sounds flat and lifeless? The way it's produced makes it feel a bit lifeless to my ear. Owens is a great vocalist, but Schaffer's guitar work feels a bit uninspired and recycled. I just can't get into any of the new stuff I've heard at all. :puke: